Nail Clippers Question

Went and bought a pair of the guillotine style clippers today (I used this style with my previous dog and also cat years ago so felt I should stick to something I know). However I now have a COLLIE, not a little sheltie or a pussy cat so it was quite a challenge to clip the claws. The other half had to help because the cheeky brat would shift her paw the very second I was about to cut. Not only that, she was risking getting her tongue cut with the licking :( . Very shrewd dog this one.

So she now has trimmed but blunt ugly toe nails :)

Kate, you are more than welcome to contribute some finishing touches, but you might have your hands full teaching her to be an elegant showdog :rofl: We have been 'bush bashing' today at the Ringwood Lake (not to mention I bought her 2 more coats at Horseland so now she has three :eek: .)

I use both a guillotine type trimmer (got mine at BigW for about $10) has a really nice cushioned handle and makes very good clean cuts.

But because my dogs nails are black I don't trust myself to cut them all the way back... so I use Ozitos' version of a dremel tool to finish the job and get the nails back nice and short.

I once tried filing the nails, but it took forever as the nails are really strong thick black ones.

Most dogs do get used to the noise of those dremel type things if introduced properly.