Vale Jade, King & Bert

greyhoundangel

Just when I thought 2005 couldn't get any worse :D

Most of you will know Jade's story...

I haven't been able to post about King till now as the reality of his death had not set in. He was sent to the rainbow bridge on the 1st July with cancer, he would of been twelve this year...

Now I get a phone call to say that Bert, my sisters greyhound who we have all known since he was a pup (Steve and I actually picked him up from the airport), a sweet little boy who is only 3 yrs old, had bloat. He was rushed to the Vet but it was decided to send him to the rainbow bridge too because he was just about to go into cardiac arrest...

I can't wait for this year to end, I am devastated, this all can't seriously be happening... :(

Mel

Thanks guys :rolleyes:

When Steve gets home I will get him to scan in some pictures to share...

My poor sister, she is only 15 and Bert was her world...when I went to pick her up from my mums work she was a mess...

I kept her with us for a few hours so she could play with Zhanyah and keep her mind off it...

Then it was time for me to drop her back off as John had to go to the Vet and my mum was back in tears saying how much Hayley loved Bert and how great care she took of him :thumbsup:

Losing King, although we knew it was going to happen sooner or later, he had cancer for some time now - but still, it's like the end of a legacy...

He was the very first dog I trained, he helped me learn and earn my stripes so to speak...he had been to so many kennels in WA, passed from one to the next and it was finally crunch time where if nobody took him, he was being put down...

My dad said he'll take him and I knew he was useless but he was so big and beautiful and boofy, that I thought who cares, now we will have a dog at home again ;)

That's what I orginally got into greyhound racing for, it was a good excuse for me to have a dog again...we hadn't had one since we lost Jo our GSD x when I was 13

I hope this is the end of our run of back luck, this year has been stressful enough and I am only just getting over an illness - I just would like a break :thumbsup:

Mel

Mel. I'm sorry you are having such a tough time!! ;)

Let's hope this is the end of a bad run, and that things start looking up for you. :thumbsup:

Sympathy to you and your family at this time.

Fido. :rolleyes:

Mel

Hugs and prayers from Granny :rolleyes:

My dear, remember our Maker doesnt send trials without giving us strength to bear them--

I do hope the rest of the year will be blessed for you and loving memories will sustain you.

My hugs to your sister, I am heart sore for one so young to suffer this terrible sort of blow,too.

God bless ;)

Thanks guys, your words really do mean a lot...

I'm hoping as soon as Steve is back from over east I can get their pictures put up...

My sister is still not coping very well, she doesn't want to be at the kennels by herself anymore and she says it's just not the same :thumbsup:

King has been in our family right from the start, right from my first year being involved in greyhounds - it's like the end of a legacy...

Mel