Start Your Dog In Herding

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to the herding day, and taking Winnie who will be 5 months. I'm counting down the days, im sure she will love it, im really looking foawrd to it! I would love to get Winnie into herding if she is interested, and this is a great start.

i still have a few more questions on this, have pm'd dave but have not heard back.

does anybody know if the price of $80 covers both days or for one day only -or if it would be $40 per day and do you need to do both days??

Redhead

$80 is a good price if it's for 2 days. The last time one of these was held - last year, it was $120 per day, with expert tuition from guest trainer Paul McPhail.

I'll tell David to check his emails.

Be nice to my sheep, won't you! :crazy:

Sorry, sounds like I've confused people.

$80 for a single day - either Saturday or the Sunday.

We will start at 9am and finish when we finish - aim for 5pm (ha :thumbsup: )

We will supply refreshments, coffe, tea etc and a BBQ for you to cook up some lunch.

Once you have done a day training you are invited back to train any weekend you like for a fee.

Hope this clarifies things.

I have been inundated with emails and calls and I thought I had replied to everyone. If I havent please let me know.

Kelpie_i - Paul taught me most of what I know and your sheep are in good hands. They will be let ou tomorrow to wander the hills - should be fun finding and collecting.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hey Herding Guy

Most certainly your knowledge is well worth the cost and I would not hesitate to paying for the privilege.

I would recommend anybody attend as it will be a very informative and fun day/s.

Sorry if my post came accross somewhat unclear. :thumbsup:

Most certainly your knowledge is well worth the cost and I would not hesitate to paying for the privilege.

I would recommend anybody attend as it will be a very informative and fun day/s.

Kelpie I - your good for the ego.

The aim/s of the day is to see if you and your dog enjoy yourselves and work as a team. Also learn about those natural behavoural instincts that your dog/s exhibit and get some control over them. Have lots of fun with your dog.

I'm also hoping that some people will continue and even start trialling at our fun city slicker events or other events. You may even want to start duck or cattle herding.

As I said before, it is addictive. I love it and want to share it with people who enjoy their dogs and wouldn't normally get the chance to try herding because they live in the city.

Cheers,

David.

:thumbsup:

Edited by herding_guy

I'd love to come watch, is that possible?

We don't own a herding breed unfortunately (well tehre is our Kelpie X but I don't know if X breeds are allowed? And she's never shown any indication of being a herding breed lol).

But I would love to see what herding is all about! See if one day I'd like to get a herding breed :)