Super Premium Foods, Opinions

My Feloe

Hi mel,

Yes she gets rashes on her tummy had her on tablets that just made her hungry all the time so took her off them as her weight was climbing.

I have ordered the holistic fish and oatmeat.

Alys mum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Aly,

I had the same thing with Bailey, before I put him on Eagle Pack.

Eagle pack is great food and I'm sure you wont look back :thumbsup:

I use to get the holistic chicken for $107 for 15kg but the Duck and Oatmeal is a little cheaper.

Edited by Weimlover

I have been using eagle pack now for about 2 months, I am very happy with the results :thumbsup: My puppies are on the large breed puppy & adults on the natural. I have just started my kelpieX on the fish & oatmeal due to food allergy and she is doing well on it. They do have with mixed with a mince & veg mix along with chicken wings and brisket bones ( varied during the week). They all have shiney coats and are very healthy :laugh:

Hi Aly, my staffy is very allergic too...I tried her on the fish and oatmeal, and she did ok on it...took a couple of weeks for her skin to settle down, but I feel she does a bit better on z/d so am keeping her on that for now.

I haven't tried the duck and oatmeal though I must say.

Mel.

Hi everyone,

Been reading about Eaglepack food in here so thought Id ring and see who stocks it here in WA. It will be delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how Aly goes on these biscuits. Plus they work out cheaper than the Science Diet biscuits  :thumbsup:  Thats a bonus.

You are making the right choice on EP. Don't touch Science Diet full of fillers, by-products and preservatives which cause cancer in dogs.

Hi

First up love the ears

I Have been quoted $110.20 for 13.6kg of the fish and oat meal. The scince diet biscuits are $4o for 3.6 kgs so works out much cheaper

Thats great. It might take a month or so for Aly to get use to it but I think you'll be happy with the difference it makes. :laugh:

Hi all,

Does anyone here feed Optimum? I've just come back from a lazy long weekend and had to buy Optimum Active. It was the best I could get where I was staying and Duncan seems to like it. I just want to know it's OK to keep feeding (he was getting Supercoat before).

Cheers,

Corine

Hi
First up love the ears

I Have been quoted $110.20 for 13.6kg of the fish and oat meal. The scince diet biscuits are $4o for 3.6 kgs so works out much cheaper

Thats great. It might take a month or so for Aly to get use to it but I think you'll be happy with the difference it makes. :)Thats great. It might take a month or so for Aly to get use to it but I think you'll be happy with the difference it makes.

:laugh: [quote) Thats great. It might take a month or so for Aly to get use to it but I think you'll be happy with the difference it makes.

Aly is a bit of a piggy with food so dont think she will have too much of a problem.... I hope. She gets nicknamed Piggy sometimes as she snorts. Why do staffys makes so much noise. She loves a talk. :thumbsup:

Yep Love my dog

Alys Mum

I feed Science Diet always have for a real LONG time and have not had any side affects at all. And Bull Terriers and Minis as we all know can have skin problems, which since being on S/D have never had any.and they grow a a great rate not too quickly and are solid and healthy PS a complete diet is just that COMPLETE you should not add anything else with it.

I've been using Natural Balance for a while now and am finding it great. It has no artificial colours or preservatives, by-products, BHA, BHT or ethoxyquins. I also get it delivered to my door from the factory, it arrives the next day!

I was feeding California Natural or Innoxa, the only problem I have with these is that they're only available at Pets Paradise. They're great quality, if you don't mind helping PP's profits. :worship::

BTW, I have found HuntinHound's advice on premium foods to be helpful and unbiased. I for one appreciate all the information and good advice you have posted in this forum! :thumbsup:

Hi Grey,

Whose information did you find helpful, because I posted almost a whole page on by products, BHT /BHA and premium food?

I was going to put my dog on Natural Balance, but I decided to try a mix of Eagle pack and California Natura since Panda has been on California Natural for a while now. However, I am considering a mix of Eaglepack and Natural Balance. In a few months, I'll put him back on california natural to give him some variety as he is a fussy eater.

Grey, did you order natural Balance from the factory in Perth? Do you know if they deliver nationwide? How much do they charge for the large bag?

Thanks, Panda

Natural Balance website : Natural Balance BTW, it's not the Dick van Patten's one!

I have the 15kg bags of regular energy delivered for $75. Check it out and see what you think.

It does contain corn, but when I challenged them on this I was given prompt, well worded feedback, and in comparison to a lot of other foods I decided that it was my preference.

Thanks Grey, Yeah I meant the Dick van Patten's one. That's a really good price compare to California Natural though. I think 2.5kg bag of CN is $27.99 and 9kg bag is $99.95. Eagle Pack 15kg bag is $108. Smaller bag works out a lot more though, so I got a 15kg bag. Panda will go through it eventually. :worship: I also give him antibiotic free eggs twice a week. :thumbsup: and low fat cottage cheese. He loves carrots, apples and brocolli for afternoon snack. He has a beautiful soft coat and I'm so proud of him.

Hi,

I feed him Eagle Pack Small/Med Breed puppy. He is only 10 weeks old. I was told by a few breeders to switch him to adult EP because it helps him to grow more steadily, so I will start that with the next bag I buy.

I think I will stick to EP, like a few of you have said, my dog isnt wrapped in the taste, but has learned to eat it because that is the only kibble I offer him.

Can anyone recommend me an adult EP to put him onto? I dont want to use EP power because of the high protein and fat levels. I was thinking maybe the EP Duck, or EP Natural. Anyone have objections to these or can recomment others?

Regards,

Daisy

The EP duck is alot more expensive than the natural down here in Melbourne- well from what I have seen anyway.

I did the same thing - switched my Toller pup over to the Adult @ about 5mths, he eats the Adult Natural and does very well on it. Yes the power has to much protein and should only be fed to working dogs or dogs who need to put on weight...not a puppy IMO.

Cheers,

Mel. :thumbsup:

Lovely Collie puppy, Daisy. The guy who I ordered my EP from in Sydney recommended Duck formula because his dogs love it. Panda is on Holistic chicken because this formula is suitable for both puppies and adults. Protein 24%, which is not too high and not too low for puppies I think. I mix EP with California Natural which has 26%. Panda is coming up to 8 month old soon. I'll get the duck next time.

Did you take that picture? Great picture, good for a postcard :thumbsup:

Panda