Getting High Scores

Hi YB - just reading all this, and have no idea what has gone on. But for my view you are one of the most generous people with your time and advice i have met around the dog world - dont change a thing. As for being interested in high scores - what is wrong with aiming for excellence - Connor has the ability you would be selling him short if you did not. My one visit to an obedience trial was an eye opener - the scene needs more people like you. :eek:

Thanks Dogdays

I appreciate that. I have the new rules too and they wil be starting in July 2006 so i will tell you all about it at club i wonder if we can get them to run the may memebrs comp under the new rule book as a test run. the clubs will have to think alittle about when and where to introduce the retrive and distance work as they are now novice exercises so that could be a wake up call and a good oppurtunity to suggest a ask the judge day

ANyway i'll be at club this week with some ideas hope they like them

yb

will have to think alittle about when and where to introduce the retrive and distance work as they are now novice exercises

As figure of eight is not done until advanced green, i guess only the novice class will do the new exercises. Think the retrieve will introduce a few issues of dogs running off with dumbbell :( Am going to start work on it with Alison, as Beck does not have much retrieving instinct. :eek:

So does anyone know for sure when the new Obedience rules are actually coming in - and does anyone have the final (book) version?

I just went to the ANKC website to check - http://www.ankc.aust.com/rulereview05.htm - but I'm more confused than ever. Seems there was a motion to delay - then an "out of session" process to deal with a motion to recind the delay motion. ......

And OT does anyone have any firm info about the new Agility rules?

Barb

ETA Sorry yb, this was a bit of a hijack. I'll take it over to a new topic.

Edited by Tassie

Erny:  So .... all the things I say about you HR have been a waste of time?  :rofl:
HR:  What like..."Oh Herr, you're simply the best! May I grovel at your feet?"  Nah, that's not a waste.  You may grovel  :rofl:

HR! You're a cheeky .................................... eavesdropper! :laugh: