Herding Starters Day

Wow - all fantastic pics but the ones of the rescue pup (sorry - can't remember which one Dogdaz) are just awesome - truly brought a tear to my eye to see her doing what she was meant for when I truly thought she was destined for the green dream. Well done, well done, well done :thumbsup:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dogdayz - Sky, your dog was magic to watch, she needs calmer sheep next time - I'll organise it because I'd like to see her develop.

That pup was amazing, suicidal but still amazing. Must be the heeler in her. This dog deserves a good home - someone on this list please grab this dog, she is loads of fun.

Unfortunately Skye with quiet sheep shuts down - she likes to chase the breaking ones down.

Belle was somewhat breathtaking - waiting to see if she would emerge alive or not - she is a fearless little thing.

Nickyp and Emmy - You can cross the heeler with a kelpie but you can't take the heeler out. Who'd believe that energy was hidden away in that sweet little pooch. Even Scout looked amazed at the power behind that dog.

:thumbsup: Oh I know all about the energy in that little pooch !! :cheer: And it doesn't get any less as she gets older. She's running around the yard looking for something to play with this morning as if she'd done nothing all day yesterday.

Seriously, it was fantastic to see Em "ON" and getting into it, even if the biting is not what we wanted. In hindsight, I shouldn't be surprised that she was biting the sheep to make them move, that's her way - sniff, poke it with your nose, then bite until you get a reaction. And she got a reaction.

At the end I felt she was starting to stop and look to me for direction and I just wasn't ready to give it, so I've definitely got a bit of work to do. I should have taken the opportunity to work with Tuppy when it was offered, but I was enjoying watching too much at the time. Next time (and there will be a next time) I'll definitely take you up on it.

Yogi and Conner - WOW what a big dog - you've put my faith back into the breed. Can't wait to see him at it next time. Yogi, you keep up the great work with that little fellow.

Gee thankyou David he is a big dog in little clothing now if i can become the handler he needs me to be we will be unstoppable

Yesterday reminded me how much i miss working livestock

Pics out in the bigger paddock, with more sheep. I'll try to post at least 2 of each dog, so this is gonna take a while. Sorry. :thumbsup:

First up here is Tuppy, having a big pant and waiting for her 'dad' David to let her have more sheepies.... :cheer:

post-9-1134369251.jpg

Being able to work with one of Davids dogs, or Geoff's Rosie, really made a difference to the dogs who were still getting the hang of things.....

Didnt take Connor long. Teamwork! :rainbowbridge:

Edited for right pic, sorry. :D

post-9-1134378331.jpg

Edited by Hedds

He had them right where she wanted them, every time..... (and we're not jealous at all are we Banjo? Oh no, not a bit! :rainbowbridge: :D ) Geoff and Rosie take a break and make sure all is ok in the background.

post-9-1134370860.jpg

Edited by Hedds