Drainage Tubes

imy

Yup!

The bottom hole is looking a bit weepy. He keeps leaning his neck on his legs and I think he may have got some germs in there but I have been bathing it once a day so hopefully its not too bad. I have also been applying a topical antibiotic/antibacterial cream twice a day.

The stitches on the top wound came out last night (I'm getting the hang of this!) and it has healed really nicely.

I'm going to leave the bottom stitches for another couple of days as the skin there is still quite red (because of the lack of blood-flow due to him being 'de-gloved' (skinned) there and it hasn't healed as well as the top bit. There is still a few raw looking patches and scabby bits YUCK! :thumbsup:

I tried to take some 'stitch-less' pics for you all to see my handywork :) but he wouldn't be in that... I guess I've messed around with the poor boy enough!

(just wait until he sees the christmas hat I bought today...the camera battery is charged up in anticipation too! ha,ha!)

Okay... the last of the stitches came out last night and everything looks okay.

I left them in for a bit longer to let the bottom ones heal a bit more. He itched it a bit and made the 'puckered' skin sore... but its not bad.

PIC! :thumbsup:

post-22-1134338522.jpg