Yawning, Stressed Dog During Training

They sound unnecessarily extreme IMO and even if it works, at what price to your dog and you relationship with her.

That's the thing, I want to fix the problem of her agression with dogs, but I don't want to change her, I like her the way she is.

I don't think there's any real urgency, I'm going to have my second consultation and see what I can learn, but apart from that I'm sticking with some basics like keeping her off furniture etc until I get to K9force.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K:
I'm still not sure whether it would be better to rev her up than keep her calm.

K9: you need her to focus on the line, ie keep her in drive initialisation, this is where focus occurs...

With voice & hand control, you can hold her & raise her to the theshold of drive peak, have her explode on take off this way...

Oh thank you both for this.

Here is the diff Kavik in normal language (not that sofisticated training one K9 usues :laugh: )

Rex goes nuts about the lawnmower. If I let him he bites the wheels off, barks his head off, runs around like a maniac. That is before we start it, hell breaks loose when the mower is actually on :rolleyes: Yes that is drive peak.

The other day OH was mowing, it was almost dark, Rex doing his - Im gonna kill those wheels thing - when a rat run pass him in the bushes in the yard.

He went for it and in a split second killed it.....

Drive peak v's drive initialisation (in my earlier post)

The thing is, remember when K9 Force drew the diagram with drive initialisation and drive peak and the distance between them? I think with Zoe the distance between the two is small, she will go from very calm to very crazy in a very short period of time. That means that there is only a small window in which to work her before it gets too much? I guess I will have to show you guys so you see what I mean :thumbsup:

She also goes nuts over light - torch light, light reflections. As well as being a good ratter and interested rabbiter.

Diesel is not as interested in these things. Not surprisingly, he is much easier to live with :)

I think with Zoe the distance between the two is small, she will go from very calm to very crazy in a very short period of time. That means that there is only a small window in which to work her before it gets too much? I guess I will have to show you guys so you see what I mean

K9: It means the dogs drive is raw & un guided, the dog needs to have more time in drive init to learn to think..