Best Shampoo For Sensitive Skin

Charlotte

BoxerTrouble is Demi itchy when she has the lumps? My young V breaks out in 'hives' which look a lot like that picture, but they're never itchy.

He is itchy at the moment though (with no lumps) and I'm afraid aloveen hasn't helped :)

FHR - I've had both Demi and Rory break out in them - the first time was a huge fright as they were only 9 weeks old and i thought i was going to lose them. I rushed them to the vet and they thought it was a wasp or a spider.

But they continued to have these break outs for a few days - to me they looked like a doggies version of hives - and neither seemed fussed by them, it took more out of us than it did out of them.

I have found using the aloveen extremely helpful. But i also keep the lawn very short - which isn't so hard with the hot weather we have had. There seemed to be alot of little insects in the grass during spring, which i think played a major role in the break outs.

I keep a stash of Iramine tablets which i got from the vet at hand, if they break out i give them 1 tabet.

Goodluck and i hope you find something to help soothe your babies ichyness

Charlotte - When my two were having their break outs i really really badly wanted to find the source of their break outs, below i have included a list of things that friends, family and DOLers suggested to check out.

- Washing powder you use to wash doggie beds? Perhaps switch to another washing powder as this maybe causing the break outs.

- If you have polish wooden floors boards or tiles what do you wash them with?

- Perhaps you use the scented carpet powder on your carpets, could this be the cause?

- Food maybe your baby is allergic to something in their meals?

- Pollen from flowers in the backyard

- Treated pine decking - i've heard that this can cause reactions in some doggies? especially when the decking is new and theres been a lot of rain (probably not lately though - with this hot weather)

Can anyone else think of what may cause break outs in doggies?

I've gone through a process of elimination over the last month trying to work out what it was. I washed her on the weekend and back came all the lumps....funny because her shampoo was the last thing i'd thought of and probably the most obvious!

Pain in the :) isn't it having to go through the process of elimination!

Cross our fingers its the shampoo - let me know how you go with the Aloveen - and it smells FANTASTIC i love it - i use the leave in conditioner after i have dried them, makes them so soft and they smell like oatmeal - yummy!

Edited to add: i think they love it and think its yummy as well as they continually lick each other after it!

Edited by BoxerTrouble

It also depends on what is causing the dog's skin to be sensitive. Is it a yeast infection, or a staph infection? Then medicated shampoos will help clear and keep the infections away... Some dogs react better to one and not others...

If they have open lesions some shampoos are not appropriate as they are too harsh and painful...

What exactly is the cause of your dogs sensitive skin, do you know?

Dan

Boxertroube, alot of Boxers seem to have allergies to insects.. Boxer swells in her face really bad when she gets stung.. and has had whole body lump twice, and our other Boxer we minded for awhile used to get the whole body lumps alot too..

Where is Aloveen available??

ECO2000 IS FANTASTIC :)

I use it on my horses and dogs, I've also heard lots of stories of it being used on very sensitive dogs that come up in lumps from even the supposed best natural dog specific shampoos.

forgot to add: you use very little (it doesn't lather) so it is very worth it.

Edited by halo