Hydrobath Question

4 Paws

hey lucyroxmyworld,

check out your local trading post on the internet.You can set it up so you get alerts(via emails) when the item you are looking for is listed.That's how i found mine.Also keep an eye on ebay.

good luck with your search.

Julie

Wouldn't mind getting myself a hydrobath for the girls. Having troubles finding a single tank one for cheap. Can't afford a brand new one.

I know that there are a lot of do-it-yourself dog washing places in Melbourne maybe you could try them out. But of course your own hydrobath would be great... That's why I started my business!

Cheers

Thank-u Jules

I was thinking it might be around $25 - $35 but wasn't quite sure......

I will be washing my dog myself but every now & then would like to treat her to a special bath.....like going to the salon I guess, but a doggy one.......lol

Ok Cheers

Marlene........... :laugh:

... and she said "no,usually wash about 3 or 4 dogs out of the one tank"  ...  was part of a vets ...

Can't believe anyone promoting themselves as professional would even think that, let alone say it. Even the much-maligned mobile franchise owners are well-trained in the basic hygiene of a fresh bath for every dog, plus disinfect between dogs. Anyone doing different is mean and lazy imo.

One of our vets has a groomer business "attached" under the same roof, I think most of them are similar in that they lease the premises to a groomer, anyone who will pay a high rent to be seen as "allied" to a vet and get referral work, even though it is a separate business. It does not say much for this vet, they must still be aware of what is going on. If they don't care, do they wipe off the examination table with disinfectant between clients?

Staffy-Lover, the cost of getting someone in to wash your dog should be about the same as getting someone in to mow the lawn and take some weeds out. That is, you are not paying someone as credentialled as an electrician or a plumber: but they still must offer the value of a good knowledge and experience in what they are doing plus have invested quite lot in their equipment whether mowers or hydrobaths and the transport system to get it to you (van/trailer) and should have business insurance. In general nothing under $25 is possible, that would be very cheap labour. It can go to around $50 in "wealthier suburbs" rightly or wrongly. It is usually more for a long-haired dog than a smoothey, the same as in fixed premises salons.

I only ever wash one dog per tank. And at work all hydrobaths are emptied, rinsed and cleaned in between dogs.

Staffy Luv you should come and see me at work we are only in Doveton about 10 mins from Berwick.

Hydrobaths $9.50 with your shampoo or $11.00 with shampoo supplied.

Manual bath (with shower head and running water) $6.50 with your shampoo or $8.00 with shampoo supplied. Conditioner $2.00 extra Turbo dryers $3.50.

Or I can do the lot for you for $20.00.

Dogs In Motion

"Myuna Farm"

182 Kidds Rd

Doveton