Prong Collars

nah I'd rather a have a funky fur collar on my boy when he gets his, I guess ribbing on the prong side would be the best bet?

Now I'll really need a picture of the finished cover Kelpie :D

Ribbing?? Remember I'm no seamstress :) I was thinking material

to cover top of collar, with sort of flaps just hanging down of that (but

still the same piece of material) that would hide the prongs, but in no

way cover the prongs. The prongs still make contact with the dogs

neck ;)

Can you design something like that??

well a sock is made out of ribbing and being fairly thin the dog will still get the effect of the prongs even though they are covered. My theory was to put faux fur on the outsied and connect it on the inside with ribbing so that the dog still gets the effect of the prongs but it looks a bit prettier than a sock :D

well a sock is made out of ribbing and being fairly thin the dog will still get the effect of the prongs even though they are covered. ...

The prongs go through the sock. They are not covered by it. The links are, however, disguised by the sock. Select a colour that best blends with your dog's coat, if you can. :D

Edited by Erny

It's great, loads of good idea's to get around disguising the collar. Think I'll try the bandana (although that may just want to make people approach), and that's not really the aim of it......hmmm.......something inconspicuous (sp) sock sounds better and better Erny, but I also want groovy faux fur :-)

When you've mastered the design Kelpie can I see it........then I can I buy one :p sigh sometimes I wish sewing interested me :D

I don't get the sock idea, I'm having a mind blank, and how much do prong collars cost???

I think Erny and Kelpie were able to describe best how the sock would work. It was just an

idea I had, but without any artistic flair :) however they both seem to be able to add on and

improve the idea, so I'm not even going to try and be clever :p it's easier

for them to run with it and explain it way better than I ever

could ;)

Prong collars can cost $50 to $120 depending on the brand (then postage approx $15).

Hope that's of some help :)

I'm a complete fan of prongs if the owner has been taught how to use one.

I think the restriction is that you need to buy one from a licensed seller? I'm sure Steve will pop in and let you know the details.