Advice Needed - Shoulder Bone Chip / Bone Cancer

*Karma*

Ahh - piccies :thumbsup: Thank you, she's just lovely!

Love the third photo - now THAT'S a familiar site around here (yes, I'm looking at you Enya...)

You know, the comment you made about the breed and not wanting anything else now is something we hear a lot of :thumbsup: I've never NOT had a Rotty so I'm biased, but so many people we talk to about puppies have the same mindset as you.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts, and hoping that Karma responds well to her drops. Will keep an eye out for updates.

Cheers,

Trace

The first photo is my attempt at dressing the two of them up (Karma in reindeer ears and my son in a Santa suit) for a Christmas Card photo. It was no use I couldnt get either of them to sit still :thumbsup:

The second photo is Karma in my son's pool - they often sit together in there - it's hilarious!

The third was when she was a puppy (obviously!), we've done away with this type of bed now due to our other dog injury herself on it. Karma now has a futon!

Sorry that all photo's are so small. I tried to resize them to fit in the post but have shrunk them too much.

I will try a larger/clearer photo below....

post-9198-1140566684_thumb.jpg

post-9198-1140566697_thumb.jpg

If you can, would really appreciate knowing how Karma goes on Robert McDowell's formulas. Although my girl and I are investigating (and, I suspect, will have to fight) a different condition, our options aren't looking crash hot either and I notice that Robert has formula's which suggest they can help with what we're up against.

I do empathise (as do many others here) with what you are going through. Our thoughts are with you and Karma, and our support is always here.

Erny, I will definitely let you know how Karma goes. I placed the order this morning - apparently it can take 2-5 days to arrive. Heres hoping it only takes 2.

Im sorry to hear that your dog also has cancer. I have never known as many dogs suffering with bone cancer (or any cancer really) - it has been a real eye opener for me. It's hard to, to be told that it is incureable AND very aggressive - it is such a cruel disease.

Hi Karma12 -

I'm sorry to hear what you and Karma are going through at the moment.

Our Rosie the Rotti had osteosarcoma - but the first we knew of it was when her thigh snapped up near her hip - so lumps or obvious pain or lameness are not necessarily good indicators. I hate to think how much pain she may have been in before we were aware of it.

When the vet xrayed the break, the sarcoma was obvious - and the size of a tennis ball - but had not been apparent from the outside. He said that the cancer had probably already spread to her vital organs, in the end we put her down while she was still under the xray anaesthetic. As others have mentioned, amputation was raised, but our vet's view was that it may have given her another few weeks at the most. I'm not suggesting that this should be any sort of indication as to what you should do - just that circumstances vary immeasurably and no matter how much good, thoughtful, considered and sympathetic advice you get, you'll just have to pick the right time.

I really hope things go as well as possible for you.

Thinking of you and Karma,

M