Two Years Ago Today...

Tornado

My beautiful collie, Lassie, died two years ago today.

I still haven't forgotten her, and often miss her snuffly kisses and her beautiful, graceful manner. She was truly gorgeous and very feminine.

These wounds don't seem to heal,

This pain is just too real,

There's just so much that time cannot erase...

RIP Lassie.

Lynne.

post-2455-1141247511_thumb.jpg

post-2455-1141247565_thumb.jpg

These wounds don't seem to heal,

This pain is just too real,

There's just so much that time cannot erase...

Isn't that the truth?

Our dogs become part of us; we live so long and they don't. Maybe that is because their lives are better in quality although shorter in length.

mugen

Mugen,

That quote is from My Immortal by Evanescence, which haunted me the week Lassie was in and out of the vet's having tests. It was even playing in the surgery when I was waiting for them to come and tell me the results of her ultrasound! (she was put down that night). It will always be her song to me.

Lynne.

She looked like she was a beautiful girl - remember the good times you had together.

Your post reminded me - you were one of the first people to reply when I posted my loss of Darcy in August 2004 - I was new to DOL then. I have never forgotten how kind your thoughts and words were at that time. :rofl:

Mugen,

That quote is from My Immortal by Evanescence, which haunted me the week Lassie was in and out of the vet's having tests. It was even playing in the surgery when I was waiting for them to come and tell me the results of her ultrasound! (she was put down that night). It will always be her song to me.

Lynne.

It will be 2 years on 1st April since my vet put my 8 yr old pittbull boy Strider to sleep. He had cancer & when I was on the way to the vets to get him to sleep forever that song came on. I still can not listen to it to this day. It just makes me relive the last moments of my sick boy. I had him burried in the pet sem & still have not got a tombstone for him as I find it still to hard to think of what to put on it. :rofl:

Thanks guys!!

Bindo, you make me feel guilty. I don't look at this forum much anymore because I find it a bit difficult to cope with hearing about so many pets who have passed away. But nice comments certainly help people who are grieving. I should go back to my old habits.

Lynne.

Edited by Tornado