Constant Chewing Of Paws. What Do I Do?

Food doesn't have to be "bad" to cause an allergy... My girl is alergic to beef, lamb, sardines, tuna, corn and has an intollerance for eggs. All fine for other dogs, but BAD for her!

Thing with atopic allergies is they can travel from miles away to get to you, our back yard has very little in it, but my boy has severe atopic allergies to several plants.

Good luck with the vet / dermatologist.

Dan

hi I found that washing paws and then massaging with Alloveen conditioner and leaving on helped also if you feed dry dog food they can be allergic to the dyes used - I stopped using it and licking stopped stopped too

just a thought good luck I had been down that horrible BLOODY road

glorybea

My in-laws' dog does this too. She is a desexed female Westie X Maltese and is about 8 years old. They got her a few years ago from a very neglectful home. She constantly chews and licks, mostly her feet but also her bottom. It seems to be more of a habit than anything else. They have tried almost everything and spend so much money at the vets, but nothing seems to help. Sometimes she does it so much that her skin becomes very inflamed. Could this be atopy? I have suggested they feed her a bland diet which they do (she gets chicken and rice and vegies for dinner) but they still feed her Pal dryfood for breakfast.