Canned Dog Food

shmoo

Haven't used canned food on a dog since I was a child. We had a rottiexACD who used to fart so bad on it that even HE had to leave the room. Fed my previous boy on a mix of Supercoat and VIP loaf style stuff and he did very well on it, always in super condition, not fat, not thin and good coat, didn't stink too much either. However having said that, I would not feed it again. After BARFing with my two boys now I would never go back to processed meats, too expensive for one, more offensive gasses and I just wanna pet my boys all day because their coats feel so nice.

Has anyone tried the Eagle Pack canned food? It looks pretty good.

I was going to ask the same thing...has anyone tried it? I was going to, but it is SO expensive! $4.95 for a little 400g (I think that's the size) can! :rofl:

I also use the Nature's Gift variety, which Zephyr loves. He gets about 3 tablespoons mixed in with his dry food for his evening meal, and none in the morning. Have also tried My Dog and he didn't seem to have a problem with it.

We've had a tin of Chum sitting in the pantry for the last 4 years. Can't remember how it got there :rofl:

I agree with the others. Anything that comes out the same as it goes in, can't have done much on the way through.

You can pick an older dog that's been living on that mush in a can by the way they smell and by their rotten brown teeth.

Nature's Gift might be OK. I do think it's very important to give raw meaty bones at least once a week though, if only to give their teeth a clean and stimulate the mind. Nothings more pleasing than seeing a happy dog doing what comes natural.

Edited by squirtydog