Overgrown Sheltie

Personally I don’t think the chicken has anything to do with it. The only chicken that my guy gets is chicken wings or necks and he is 44cm (which is about 17inches) and he was bred by Shirley Fox (Shelmanna) who is one of the most successful sheltie breeders in Australia. He’s mother was from Shelmanna who was aus ch and he’s father was from Ancorha who was grand ch. So when you think about it, it seems weird that he is so big, but there might have been a bigger dog back in one of the lines and it only takes one big dog’s genes to come through and you have a mixed litter.

Anyway I couldn’t care less about his size since I do agility with him. It actually really like his size because he can go faster :rolleyes:

Wow that is a big sheltie! > Lana is about 37-38cm... Is that your dog in the picture? He is very pretty!

I only feed Lana necks and wings also, as this is what the breeder gave her... lamb offcuts etc > but the dogs on her dads side would have been much taller (american standard is 16").

Personally I don’t think the chicken has anything to do with it. The only chicken that my guy gets is chicken wings or necks and he is 44cm (which is about 17inches) and he was bred by Shirley Fox (Shelmanna) who is one of the most successful sheltie breeders in Australia. He’s mother was from Shelmanna who was aus ch and he’s father was from Ancorha who was grand ch. So when you think about it, it seems weird that he is so big, but there might have been a bigger dog back in one of the lines and it only takes one big dog’s genes to come through and you have a mixed litter.

Anyway I couldn’t care less about his size since I do agility with him. It actually really like his size because he can go faster :)

What a beauty go shelties lol

my friend breeds shelties and her current agility dog is something like 43cm....great height for agility! But all the other pups in her litter were of standard size as was mum and dad. She requested a 7-generation pedigree from the canine council and found out that from the fathers side unbeknown to her, had a rough collie in it!!!

So that why Kelly is bigger!!! Had nothing to do with her diet!

Our late lovely sheltie girl came to us from a good breeder. By age 7 months, Shelley was growing taller than standard. So the breeder sold her to us as a pet. We then got her desexed.

All thro' her life, Shelley was often mistaken to be an adolescent collie. The family nickname for her was 'Horse'...as in 'big as a horse'! But she was very beautiful...even at age 15 years, she was a knockout.

We also had, at the same time, a little tricolour male rescue sheltie called Danny. And he was slightly smaller than standard. And all thro' his life, Danny was often mistaken to be a female.

post-8234-1145767978_thumb.jpgBridgiecat

Here is a photo of a Black and White, he was bred in the U.K. but shown to his title in Germany. He was an International, German and Dutch Champion and is the gt gt gt grandad of my girl Jemma. As I said previously they are uncommon here. Have posted a photo of my boy Panda to the photo section on black dogs.

post-8234-1145767978_thumb.jpgBridgiecat

Here is a photo of a Black and White, he was bred in the U.K. but shown to his title in Germany. He was an International, German and Dutch Champion and is the gt gt gt grandad of my girl Jemma. As I said previously they are uncommon here. Have posted a photo of my boy Panda to the photo section on black dogs.

I think he is beatiful. I've never seen a black faced sheltie before. Is he called a tri colour?

Thanks for the pretty pic Hesapandabear!

Lana's dad looks a lot like that but with a white ring all around his neck... He is profiled on dogzonline under the name Islewind black label. And i think he comes from a longish line of B/W shelties in Canada.