Time Apart For Sisters

bret

i hope that my questions are not too many and too simple to answer, i have had dogs before, but never 2 at a time ie: sisters, i have had amother and a daughter, so that is different.

my question is,

given that they are still sleeping a lot, and i play with them as much as posisble, i also know that they need to be separated for periods of time, for training and bonding. they sleep together so basically their days are spent together,

we are starting puppy pre school on monday, 1 day a week, and i have asked my flatmate to spend more time with his pup so they can bond, but as a moderate guess what amount of the day should they be separated and spend time with the owners so that they can know who we are and we are their pack leaders so to speak.

my pup is responding well to simple training stuff like when i stop at the kerb of a street, she tries to go but gets jerked when the leash stops, usually she will turn around look at me and then just sit down, without me sayin anything.

i was looking at spending 3 10 minute sessions a day on my own with maiya (my pup). any guidelines i should be using?

thanks heaps

bret

post-11078-1150506502_thumb.jpg

post-11078-1150506515_thumb.jpg

The more one on one time you spend with your puppy the better. I would be taking her lots of places with you and have lots of puppy fun with her away from the other pup.

Playing with your pup is really important. It creates a bond and your pup will see you as some one good to be around, so don't just train her, playing is training too.