She Is Finally Here

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from Divani again ;)

My Mum is crazy. She had a weekend with me, and wanted to teach me everything in those 2 days, silly woman.

I gave her my best, thats why Im basically dead now, soooo tired.

She took me for a walk to the little park this afternoon (from what I hear Rex and Flame had a run there). So I walked 3 streets with her on lead, there and back. She says its not far but my legs are not as long as hers, plus I have never been for a walk on the street, so it was very eventfull for me.

I apparently was perfect on lead, including a moment where two rotties charged at the gate barking loud at us.

I got scared, run away a bit and than stood all hackled up looking at them, silly dogs, they thougth they can scare me more. No way Mum was with me, she will come to my aid if need be.

Than we were at the park and she pulled out couple of toys for me to chase and tug. It was a bit hard as there dogs behind fences barking, some kids screeming and weird noises from everywhere, but I gave her my best. She wore me out, she didnt know when to stop, overworked me big time. I had to rest after that, it was huge, 10 or 15 minutes, Im only a small pupp, I cant think for that long so much.

At home I had another lesson - this time it was more of my name and we did a SIT again. This how I do it. post-3337-1151238216_thumb.jpg

Than Dad came from work and Mum showed him how I can nicely sit (for food) and he couldnt stop wowing and wowing over my abilities.

Unfortunatelly I still dont really get this stuff about being tied up before food.

Divani

She's gorgeous! You must be pleased to have her home at last! How old is she? Just wondered as 12 kgs seems very big for a puppy! LOL Don't regret that she's not being destructive, I think mine is making up for it.......................Hmm shredding carpets, shoes, plants, socks, digging, barking, and taking me at a run EVERYWHERE! And that's in spite of being hyped up in drive several times a day and doing training!! We've joined a schutzhund club on the weekend, he can do a 2 minute sit stay and a drop stay, will recall from over 200 metres away and can follow a 20 or 30 metre track! Not bad for a 12 week old huh?! I'm very very happy with him (Except for the hot chocolate spilt all over the floor this morning that we won't talk about) :rofl: I am definately a Dobe convert :eek:

Welcome to the Dobelovers world :rofl::eek::eek:

Mine isnt 8 weeks old, its more, hence the 12kg ;)

And by the sounds of it has less drive than yours.

Im very impressed by your training results, of course I cant compare mine as I have my Baby for only 2 days and she doesnt even know her name as yet.

Re recall - Id have someone hold mine for me to be able to walk for more than 20m, otherwise she is right there wil me, all the time.

She ate a bit of a rug, steals my shoes repeatedly, eats every plant, and started digging in a pot, but the best drive she has is sofa drive, that is for sure :eek: See I expected hell on earth and there isnt anything like it, so Im kinda almost dissapointed :eek::rofl::rofl:

She discovered the mirror today, barked at herself not happy at all, than realised that the "other dog" isnt a danger so she did several play bows :rofl::rofl:

Yes Yes Yes... Flames Daddy....She is worthy of a schnoogle!!! (We are talking about the puppy right :rofl: )

Myszka, I thought I was doing the wrong thing by introducing any prey games to my little man when I bought him home.. No tug of war and so on..... Well he has certainly made up for it now, he will work for anything! Hmm think I'll make Flames Daddy work him in drive (I get dizzy - fall down - roll away).

Please keep the posts/journal going from Divani, they are great.

Aha! Well I won't feel so bad about my 'little' 8.9kg, 12 week old then! Altho he does seem quite small, there was a 12 week old BC at the vets when I took him for his shots the other day, and it was TWICE the size of him, and it was a female! :rofl: I'm used to BIG dogs tho (GSD's and Bullmastiffs!!) My last Bullmastiff was 73 kg at 18 months, don't think he's going to be even close :eek: As far as his training goes, he just seems to love learning, I'm just so happy with him, he's really attentive and switched on, no problems with drive! He has two nicknames, one is "Horror Head" and the other is "Hellspawn", I think that says it all really! :eek: Can't wait to hear how you go with you're lovely Diva! Please keep us updated!

Im sorry Lablover :rofl: why did you do that?

If the video wanst going to be that good we wouldnt post it, although I dont think that your video would be bad at any stage...

Videoing will have to wait. My leg is still sore today. See what happens when one shows off for the camera, LOL. Lets just say, one of my labradors returns a little too fast. It is my fault entirely.

IM so sorry Lablover :rofl: I hope you get better in no time.

Is your leg swollen? (Im an ex physio) if it is put some ice on it, elevate and massage gently from the bottom up.

My little Baby sweetheart is settling in nicely, she has stayed today alone for the fist time, lets see how many neighbours will tell me off .....

Rex is inside, lucky bugger.

She is also mentally settling in, starting to get a bit more boisterous and we do a bit of prey training, 3 minutes is way to much for her atm, so I have to cut it down a bit, until she gets the idea. She does a perfect sit for the toy for me now, that is with Rex running around with her in the yard.

However still her best drive is sofa drive and cuddle drive :eek:

And she finally is eating like she should be, and I think she is getting pretty good idea of her name.

:thumbsup: :rolleyes: :D

Mum is home Mum is home!!!!, so lucky, Ive missed her heaps....

What a day today, stayed alone, they did all sorts of barriers so that I couldnt go places, and they didnt let me get up on the verandah, but Im a smart cookie and I broke through. Mum found me asleep on Rexs bed when she got home.

I didnt do really any damage, only pulled out my bed out of the dog house, and pruned some plants for them, they were out of control and out of shape a bit. Oh and pulled some washing off the line on the verandah, I guess I wasnt allwed there for a reason, but who cares.

Mum played with me for a while but I was too excited seeing her and only wanted her not the toy.

I than stolen her jacket and we played with that for a while. Now when I do a sit I even lift my paw waiting for the toy. Thats so much fun!!!

I now decided to rearange some stuff at home their decorating skills are seriously lacking I have to show the oldies how its done in the new era. Shoes especailly, they belong all over the house, scattered in various rooms - kind of modern Australian art form, that so far, not many appreciate.

And Mum did show stacking with me today, oh she was soooo happy I was standing there all nice, head and tail up, not moving my feet, she gave me extra kisses and rubs all over, if only Dad was home Id have a nice show photo taken, maybe later or another day.

Im off to bed for a while now, Im exhusted.

Divani

Dear Divani,

it sounds like you have had a very busy day! I hope that Rex did not tease you through the glass!!

I am glad to hear that your Mum is home and keeping you busy with show training. You will have to give me some tips for the ring!

We are all looking forward to seeing some more photos of you!! Your Mum sounds very proud of you! Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Flame

Yes Yes Yes... Flames Daddy....She is worthy of a schnoogle!!! (We are talking about the puppy right :rolleyes: )

Myszka, I thought I was doing the wrong thing by introducing any prey games to my little man when I bought him home.. No tug of war and so on..... Well he has certainly made up for it now, he will work for anything! Hmm think I'll make Flames Daddy work him in drive (I get dizzy - fall down - roll away).

Hey Megs, I would be more than happy to have a play with Nitro... as you know I have no problem at all with him leaping up at me enthusiastically! I kinda felt a bit guilty because I kind of egged him on to jump up on me, and then you had to correct him... I guess I'm a bit of "bad boy" for encouraging the natural leaping tendency of Dobies... :thumbsup:

Yeah I known what you mean about the jumping ... but whilst it may be fine for him to do that to you, he will then do it someone who will scream blue murder about the aggro Dobemann!!

He is just one (today) :thumbsup: so hopefully as he learns more and more he will understand that is ok to "play" but I figure he needs to know the rules first!

Next time we are all showing together I'll pack his long lead, toys and some band aids & you guys can go for it!

Nitro is great seen him at the Dobe specialty doing some crazy jumping for toys, that was while I was testing Cashie if he has any drive at all :thumbsup: He is already 1 Meg??? OMG where did the time go?????

as for the posts by Divani, I think the novelty wore off now, I might let this threat die off, puppy is a puppy, we all know they are cute.

Those that know me privatelly and want the updates, feel free to emial me.

as for the posts by Divani, I think the novelty wore off now, I might let this threat die off, puppy is a puppy, we all know they are cute.

Those that know me privatelly and want the updates, feel free to emial me.

No, no, no .......... your diary is fun. Keep going.