Very Sick Great Dane

Oh I am sooooo sorry for King. How awful it is for him. Im sending vibes all your way, and hopefully King will be fine this morning.

Really sad story, I have tears. Its not nice when they are sick and theres not much you can do for them. Makes me mad when ppl send their sick dogs away and yours gets it. Surely they must have noticed something. Again, hope he will be on the improve.

Best of luck.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear about King, looks just like my Charlie :rofl:

I have similar problems with my pug and he’s going in to the vet tomorrow for x-ray and possible a trachea flushing to figure out what kind of infection he’s got

I pray for his speedy recovery :rofl:

Well the vet said he is a bit brighter today. He is over the dehydration and he ate all his breakfast which is really good.

His chest still sounds really bad thoughs o they are going to do x-rays today and take it from there.

I am hoping that now he has his appetite back and is getting enough fluids into him and medicine that he will get stronger day by day and his immune system will pick up so he can fight it and cough harder to get rid of the gunk.

I am trying to think positive and look forward to having him strong and healthy again, so i can continue his education. He was doing so well too the poor thing.

Iv'e been keeping my spirits up by thinking up some fun training games and things we can do together when he is well. I'm going to make him some warm jumpers and coats to to keep his chest warm for the rest of winter, it gets below zero here some nights, even inside with heating it's cold.

Danes coats are not terribly warm in this weather :rofl:

I will get another update this afternoon.

:laugh: King is beautiful. Atleast he's in the best place to get what he needs. Glad your poor boy is picking up. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Thinking of you both.'

All the best,

jls

Hi there

Its good to hear that King is on the road to recovery and eating now. It will be a long haul for you both.

Dont know where you are but sounds to me like the deep South Is. of NZ :laugh:

A weatherbeeta would be a nice snug coat for him.

Take care, hear from you soon, and when you have Kali back please can we have some family photos. :)

New update!

King has had his chest x rays. The vets aid his lungs have improved slightly and he is now eating and drinking better on his own.

He is still on the drip but he is improving slowly. All round he is alot better than he was when he went in.

He is not out of the woods yet but so long as he keeps gettiing better each day, even a little bit I know he will recover.

I am sure all the well wishes and love being sent to him is working. I spoke to a lovely lady today who works at a health food/new age store in town. She has some customers who come in that own ex-racing greyhounds, and she keeps a diary of what they have bought and used on their dogs and how well it worked.

So she gave me some infomation, and made a note that when they come in she will give them my number so they can call me with advice.

She suggested maybe bachflower remedies or Australian bushflower essences might help him. She also gaveme the number of a natural therapist who works on dogs.

I am going to ask his vet about some of her suggestions.

I would like to put him on a multi vitamin supplement for his immune system and maybe try some herbal or homeopathic remedies along with his medication to give him that bit extra to help him recover.

I will talk to his vet to see what is safe with his medication. I am going to find out if olive leaf extract is safe for dogs. In humans it helps get rid of mucous, inflamation and is good for the respiritory system and for the gut.

Garlic is also supposed to be good.

I found some woolen blankets and material today at vinnies that I am going to make into coats for him.

The vet said he might be comming home tomorrow!

I am also taking another look at his diet. He has been on Eukanuba large breed puppy.

I am in the Southern Highlands south of Sydney.

:):shhh: Glad to hear King is slowly getting better, keep thinking positive thoughts. Our danes send their hugs and kisses to King :laugh:

We also use Thermo Master coats on our danes, as it is especially cold down her in Ballarat for a good 8 bloody months of the year!!!

Hope to hear even better news about king asap... :D

That is really great news to hear King is on the road to recovery. Another safe natural product to use is "Noni Juice" tastes terrible but has great effects on helping the immune system to repair itself and is amazing, talk to your health food shop and see what they think, they put us onto it for our dog who had cancer and although it didn't cure him it added to his quality of life.

Can't wait to see some more pics.

Great news The Greatest Dane. :confused:

Slobbery kisses to king.

Well he is home!

He is heaps better.... has his energy back so yes am really on my toes now! The antibiotic seems to be upsetting his tummy a bit, he has had the runs, and he also wet himself.... so I just spent a good how draining a lake from the loungeroom floor :rofl:

He is sleeping now though.

I am going to ask a bit later in the forum about training issues. I hav'nt worried this week but when he gets over exited he likes to crash tackle me to the floor, and he did it 3 times tonight so he must be feeling better.