Pomeranian Puppy Training

Simba's_Mum

Hello

I was wondering if there is any other pomeranian owners on this site that can guide me :rofl:

I'm new to all this so please bare with me if I'm doing this wrong!

I have joined your site seeking some advice or help,

I brought a pomeranian puppy and I can't seem to find on the net where to pruchase a cd rom or some information

on how to train this little boy I have.

It would be mostly appreciated before I pull my hair out and go insane :rofl:

I'm on the Central Coast in NSW :o

have you thought about puppy preschool, my puppy has just graduated and we learnt, sit, stay, down, come techniques, socializing, non agression tecniques, and exchange techniques when they are chewing something when they are not suppose to. it was very informative

Thanx lucyluv he isn't chewing things up yet .. "Touch Wood" but i'm sure thats gonna happen anyday now ..LoL..

But where abouts did you do your puppy preschooling at ?

gillbear I'm in Lakehaven and I notice your on the central coast where are you may I ask?

What particular part of his training am I having trouble with?

Well he just found his lungs and its hard to stop him backing at just the air out side

He sleeps most of the day and wants to keep me up all night he cries all night if I dont sit up with him

I dunno whether to stop him sleeping through the day but then someone told me he should sleep about 16

hours a day but those 16 hours are never between 10pm and 6am

dunno whether to stop him sleeping through the day

Yes!! This is where you start :rofl:

I PM'd you by the way :rofl:

Keeping him active during the day is the best place to start with getting him to sleep of a night time. I currently have a 12 week old Pom, who spends his day playing with my other Poms. He might sleep approx 2 hours during the day, but the rest is spent playing and getting into mischief. I take my Pom babies to my friends place (who is in partnership with all my dogs), as she also has 2 Pom babies, one is 12 weeks, the other 8 months, and they all play together. THey play for hours on end.

You can keep your little guy active, even with a nice BIG bone, as it works a lot of muscles for a Pom baby to work on large bones, and it really does wear them out.

Toys, I find cat toys work best for the Poms, teach him to retrieve.. At 10 weeks, you can start lead training and walk him around your yard on the lead.

Anything that keeps him awake :o

Anything to keep them awake LOL! I have to lock my pup up to get it to sleep :rofl: But that's Kelpies for you :rofl:

Crate training might be an idea too. May be a bit rough the first few nights, but then it is very handy, and they learn it is sleep time in the crate.

I'm near Tuggerah.

Ahh, the joys of puppy's.

I would definately keep him more active during the day. He is only a bub though, so he will still need lots of sleep.

Just like a baby, dont reward bad behaviour. If he cries during the night, take him out for toilet time and then put him back to bed. Dont respond to his crying, dont react or pay attention to him at all. Reward his good behaviour with praise and attention (not in the middle of the night).

The lakehaven vets will do puppy preschool which I highly recommend, otherwise come along (minus puppy for the moment) for a chat to training at Pioneer Pk, Dampier Blvd Killarney Vale 7.00 Monday nights - lots of Dolers with good advise.

Check out the Library and search this forum for puppy training tips.

Where did you purchase your puppy?

I gave him a little lamb shank bone last night and hes been enjoying that

Thank you for the mail and I really appreciate what you have said to me.

I wish he would stop pooping at 3am in the morning .. but i'm sure that will change as he gets older

Gillbear I got him enrolled now in puppy preschool at Lakehaven vets starting on the 17th August :laugh:

I'm just trying to find out now how to get to Killarney Vale i have only been on the Central coast since May :)

So I'm looking forward to meeting folks from here :shhh: