Puppy Keeps Whinning

eh94

Yeah you just have to wait it out.

When I first got my bitch she only whined at about 6am on the first night when she woke up and panicked that the other 9 puppies were missing! She settled after a few minutes and I went out to see if she had hurt herself (she was really screaming) no other problems.

Her brother ... screamed for a WEEK nearly non stop. The owner nearly sedated him the poor bugger was so attached to his litter mates.

Different dogs take different amounts of time.

One week NONSTOP??? *fainted* I hope when Hana returns from the vet, she will be more settled....*fingers-crossed*

Yeah you just have to wait it out.

When I first got my bitch she only whined at about 6am on the first night when she woke up and panicked that the other 9 puppies were missing! She settled after a few minutes and I went out to see if she had hurt herself (she was really screaming) no other problems.

Her brother ... screamed for a WEEK nearly non stop. The owner nearly sedated him the poor bugger was so attached to his litter mates.

Different dogs take different amounts of time.

The radio talk back with peoples voices is a very good idea.

also for my pup I got an old fashioned clock put the beat on very slow and wrapped it in a blanket.

The beat sounds like the mothers heartbeat and yours so feel like they are being cuddled.

WARNING

Make sure the alarm button is on OFF.

Hana is back from the vet - feelin' mighty well. Her whining is now strong and loud. :-(

Nekhbet - put it in the crate, do I lock her in? But her crate isn't big enough for her to toilet in there. So what can I do?

L.B. - I'll hunt for a loud ticking clock and *heheh* I'll make sure I switch off the alarm *hehehe*

Looks like we're not going to get much sleep tonight..."here we go again"...

When I asked Nekhbet the question should I lock her, it was referring to Nekhbet's advice to tell Hana to go into crate to ween off whinning. If Hana whines, do I lock her in the crate and ignore her? If I do so, that means I have to watch her to ensure she doesn't wee/poo in the crate??

CavNrott - for your advice, does it mean I lock Hana in the crate when we all go to bed and then take her to toilet every 3 hours during the night? Currently, she automatically goes into her crate to sleep, gets up to her litter tray, does whatever she needs to do and walk back into her crate to sleep (she has her moments..sometimes, she just sits in her crate and whines) throughout the night.

Take her out of the crate to toilet. You don't want her peeing in the crate. I would be switching your alarm on so you can take her to toilet every 3 hours during the night.