Advice For Pain Relief

kymbo

... he didn't struggle AT ALL when applying the cream YAY no screaming or anything. He calmly got up when I said good boy, and went to the treat cupboard, and sat waiting for his liver reward ...

Aaaahhhhh. Now that sounds like a doggy with a much more comfortable botty. :)

Glad things are somewhat better for him, Kymbo. :banghead:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kymbo, I have had a few dogs over the years with problems similar to your boys and i always use RESCUE REMEDY and it has always given the fur kids a lot of help. It is natural so no side effects that i have come across. hope this helps. ;)

I have come to this thread late, and have a couple of comments to make....

Firstly, apologies to the original poster for not replying earlier, it is awful to see an animal in distress and having little power to relieve it - glad to hear he's on the mend though ;)

Secondly, lets everyone have a careful think about the reality of internet forums. There is a wide range of knowledge, skills and experience amongst the members of this forum. It doesn't really matter how big your home pharmacy is, nor how frequently you use it, nor the amount of experience you have with it - what suits you and your situation may not be suitable for another dog (cat, horse, etc). Bottom line is that there has been some information put forward in this thread that is getting quite close to being interpreted as direction to give an animal a potentially harmful medication - advice offered to complete strangers, and by a person/s with no specific knowledge of the animal in question.

I don't assert authority on this forum very often but I am going to now:

DO NOT administer any prescription veterinary medication (or human over the counter medication) to your animal without prior direction from or after discussion with YOUR VET (or after hours / emergency vet)

To posters - it is not appropriate to recommend to other posters that prescription medication be used, nor to recommend dosages, nor advise on administrations. There is a fine line between sharing your own experiences and suggesting that an owner speak to their vet about whether something may be appropriate, and offering what may constitute direction to give a medication because "a vet" said it was safe, or you have done it a hundred times before and nothing bad has happened.

People are welcome to PM me with questions or to ask for advice (and many do) however even in relative anonymity I post and reply within the bounds of the legislations and codes of ethics that apply to me as a veterinary surgeon - and unfortunately sometimes that can lead to me appearing to be unhelpful in my "providing information and advice of a general nature".