p_stampy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well , closer to 5 months ( on wednesday). does she look upset?

she kept up and didn't cry, and her tail was wagging the whole time - to me that seems to make me think she enjoyed it.

she usually goes for half hour , or hour walks. this was her first 2 hour walk.

How's toilet training? When was Jade's birthday? my puppy is about her age and he's having trouble with toilet training too, we could be ouside for an hour and he still won't go, but once we're inside he goes immediately. I ordered a crate weeks ago and it's stlil not here :):

well , closer to 5 months ( on wednesday). does she look upset?

she kept up and didn't cry, and her tail was wagging the whole time - to me that seems to make me think she enjoyed it.

she usually goes for half hour , or hour walks. this was her first 2 hour walk.

Its just that all the advice Ive got from here as well as in books says no long walks until they're full-grown or about 14 months old. Their bodies arent properly formed yet and those long treks may have an effect on it.

Would you take a 2-3 year old kid on a 2 hour walk? Because thats what its equivalent to.

I repeat, Im only saying what others here (and books) tell me.

Edited by samoyedman

Yeh mate, i understand that, but she has previously been on hour long walks without any troubles so I thought I'd go a bit further. she got a 20 minute break in between also.

I did plenty of reading also - thanks for your concern.

How's toilet training? When was Jade's birthday? my puppy is about her age and he's having trouble with toilet training too, we could be ouside for an hour and he still won't go, but once we're inside he goes immediately. I ordered a crate weeks ago and it's stlil not here :):

her birthday was 3 may.

shes much better now, it seemed to click a couple of weeks ago.

i think shes had about 2 accidents (one where my boyfriends sister who she doenst know shouted at her while i wasn't even here ;) ) and another time I think I wasn't watching the time.

haha i'd love to have the time to walk that far every day.

i must say, she has been a bit dopey all day today, but it was a lot warmer here today also, more than normal.

i would have been more than happy to carry the big lump if she got tired out, but she was fine!

Ok... we seem to have another issue.

Jade is fine when shes around me, but not when shes around my boyfriend.

She never pisses inside when I'm around, however last night she pissed all over our bed!!!!!!! when i was having a shower. My b/f was in the next room on his computer.

I had acutally put her outside before hand, but my b/f had some friends over, who were going in and out all night, and she obviously came in with one of them.

What Ive noticed though, is when she goign to to wee out side, she does it the normal way when im around (or when shes by herself and ive been looking outside and seen it), but when Nick is around, outside and she needs to go, she lies down on her stomach so it looks like shes not going??

Nick seems to almost shout at her when she wont "listen", where is if she won't do something which i ask her (eg - to go outside), i lead her out, where as he just keeps talking at her, which she obviusly isn't understanding.

hrmmmm......she may be a real softie, ie, have a soft temprement......tell him to be firm, but no shouting unless she does something naughty, then it should be more gruff than shouting. No point at ALL yelling at her. Or repeating yourself. If she doesnt do something you know she understands, gently remind her. :thumbsup:

She may not like loud noises, and did not like your boyfriends friends around, tried to find a quiet place and messed up a bit. hard to undertsand that behaviour sometimes.

nicka pushover thats the problem he needs to be stricter.

Oakley seemed to have snapped out of it about a week ago but theirs still the odd puddle on the tiles but number twos now are allways outside.

so i am also getting their slowly but surely.

does she sleep in the laundry area?

if so tray putting newspaper down over half the floow and her bed at one end and the food at the other she will start to poob/wee on the paper then slowly removes the paper over a period of nights untill thiers only a few peices left then sprinkle some grass clippins on it if she makes a mess not on the paper put more paper down ie take a step back.

she will eventually start using the paper with the grass on it each time she does praise her when she mistakes sa nothing and take a step or two back.

she will eventually learn to toilet on the grassed paper and when she gets confident enough u can remove the grassed paper then she will get all worried but if you show her outside she will see grass and go.

thats my theory anyways.

im slowly in the process of doing this at my house.

The toilet problem isn't really a problem anymore, and nah, she sleeps outside, her kennel is lined in wool carpet.

It just happened to be the other night when Paul & Judd were over that she decided to piss on our bed.

Nick isn't a push over, he just keeps shouting, instead of leading her.

99% sure we failed the test with Sean the other day too. She did everything perfectly before hand, but when it came to the test, she may as well have been deaf.

Afterwards though, she was back to listening to me...grrr.