He Just Loves Pig Ears

Taipan

IMO, 2 - 3 is alright but he really should have a variety of things to chew on. I like to feed my furkids chicken wings :thumbsup: One of them tends to have an upset tummy after having raw red meat so I dont feed them marrow bones or lamb shanks etc....

Some things you can get your staffy to try instead of always pigs ears :cheer:

Chicken wings

Chicken Necks

Chicken carcasses

Marrowbones

Lamb shanks

Phew, thanks! My butcher loves him so he gets raw bones too but seem to prefer the pig ears :thumbsup: . I gave him a few chicken necks but I am not convinced he is chewing them very well - he is a bit of a guts with chicken necks. I also tried stuffing treats in his baby kong but he hasn't taken to that either.

If he's being picky, try not to buy or give him any pigs ears so you can try experimenting with him to see what else he does like :cheer: You can always try giving him some veges :cheer: My 2 loves carrots and I sometimes will give them half a carrot each to just go and chew by themselves.

If you're worried your puppy is eating chicken necks, wings etc too quickly, some DOLers have suggested freezing a few pieces of necks together so the dog can't just swallow and they have to actually chew (atleast a bit more than usual)

If you want it to be time consuming (for him to have something to do during the day for a little while), You can always cut a 2L soft drink bottle or something, stuff some necks and/or wings in there and fill it with stock. Make sure the bottle is placed somewhere in the freezer so it's upright and doesn't spill....leave it overnight and you will usually get a big yummy chicken flavoured ice-block :party:

As for the kong, keep experimenting with stuff and see what he will like. I sometimes stuff grated carrot and peanut butter or whatever I can find really. I have been lazy with the Kongs lately :thumbsup: It's easier just giving them a wing.

Oh, if you ever get your puppy a whole chicken carcass, take the wishbone out (little V shape bone which is really hard).