Goodbye Ricky Au Ch Dosangeles Xotic

Wazzat Xolo

Im so so sorry for your loss desexemall. Ricky was a lovely looking boy.

Atleast he is at peace now.

Hugs to you mate :)

Thamks Siv, I will email just still "in shock" still, just keep thinking what if, I did this or what if, I am bloody no good at all this week, The guys here have given me some wonderful thoughts, and I am compiling a story for the CC Newsletter.

xox mate

Sooo sad poor Ricky :cry:

RIP Ricky :rainbowbridge:

Try not to torment yourself with the what if's. Your not to blame you did nothing wrong, It sounds like he had a great life with you and he went knowing he was loved :cry: got to go got something in my eye :(

Sooo sad poor Ricky :thumbsup:

RIP Ricky :thumbsup:

Try not to torment yourself with the what if's. Your not to blame you did nothing wrong, It sounds like he had a great life with you and he went knowing he was loved :whisper: got to go got something in my eye :whisper:

Thank you Kozpink, and I am sorry for your loss earlier in the year, what a brave condolence message, you sent me after the loss of your own angel, thanks again.

I am so sorry desex. :thumbsup: I really thought I had posted my sympathies to you. I am thinking of you and dear Ricky

God it hurts so much :thumbsup:

run free now ricky...

Thank you Rusky.

I wanted to share my memories of my little man its not any easier, as time goes by, , and the tears still flow.

Aus Champ DosAngeles Xotic

Ricky

(11/03/1997 - 15/10/2006) leased to Jacqi from Phillipa *****(DosAngeles Chinese Crested Dogs NSW) 16th August 2002.

Ricky came into my life after I acquired my first Chinese Crested and just had to have another one of these wonderful little beings. My first was a bitch, Belachi Bare Witchery from Sheree ******* in 2002, Jenny **** was instrumental in my introduction to these wonderful little dogs and I was told of a young dog in need of a pet home in the east. After contacting the person and numerous telephone calls about the puppy, I was asked if I would l would maybe like a rare opportunity, an ex show dog called Ricky was possibly available to a special person. After a thorough vetting I was so excited that I was to be entrusted with this dog who was the pride and joy of Phillipa ****and also a titled Australian Champion show dog. The flights were organised and I travelled to Perth awaiting the arrival of the flight, my parents were also there for this occasion, which meant so much to me as he was someones best mate and they had picked me to look after him. The plane landed and all the pets were off loaded, I craned my neck to see and all the pets were collected, but one cage remained, a small black old Miniature type Kelpie was left. I thought maybe the lady Phillipa was not that sure of Cresteds and in fact Ricky was not a true Crested ( because he just had to be there didnt !he after all someone had promised me a dog). I called Phillipa and stated he did not arrive, Phillipa was devastated and very upset, so two crying women had many a phone conversation about a lost dog flying around the airspace somewhere. Shortly after Ricky was located and the next flight he arrived in his crate, I was so eager to see him and give him a cuddle I opened his crate and rushed in. Ricky being a very mature gentleman and very offended at this stranger intruding into his space promptly replied to my invasion with a swift light nip to my hand, to which shut the crate door having been put in my place. Welcome to Western Australia Ricky.!!

This little man slowly (the drive home) wormed his way into my heart, he was the most majestic and proud little man I knew and I treated him as Phillipas and on loan to me all the time. I always referred to him as my adopted baby and knew one day he may go home to Phillipa, in the event she may wish to breed from him. I kept regular phone contact with Phillipa , and although I have never met the woman, I call her each week and regard her as a close friend. I used Ricky twice to breed with my bitch Angel and the puppies were all placed in pet homes on contracts that they were to return to me if they were to be rehomed. I had a few shows in the West with Ricky but neither him nor I enjoyed it much, despite lots of help and encouragement from Jenny, Kim and Lynn****, but they sure all tried!!

Ricky was always a bit wary of strangers and walks were always exciting when I first got Ricky. At the park I would let Angel off to run and play and assumed Ricky once he knew me would stay and play as well, NO. Ricky was the fastest little scrambler I knew and would disappear and run the 1 km home, with his Fabio hair flapping behind him!! before I could say “No Ricky stay" He would always be sitting on the front verandah on the couch gazing around like Lord Muck! as if to say “where have you been ". One of the funniest memories I have is at the park, when the two dogs were playing ball with my husband and I, a Labrador type dog came from nowhere and Ricky bolted, I went to chase him and fell over, got up calling his name and fell again, yelled and screamed at my husband” Do something, get him, do something dont just stand there”. I was that scared for Ricky my legs went to jelly, but scrambler bum was long gone, I still don’t know to this day whether my husband was wracked with laughter at the debacle. But I sure can remember the other people at the park laughing in amusement at the funny looking dog, the lady who couldn’t walk properly and was yelling at her husband, I still laugh thinking about it, and yes Ricky was on the verandah!

Ricky lounged the back yard with the other Cresteds here eating anything he could find and his favourite pastime of rolling in cat poo! That was his favourite trick and usually at the worst times (not that I can think of a good time lol).

The last two years Ricky started to have fits and although they did not last long and had no pattern, I was warned to brace for the fact his time may be coming to an end. Phillipa must have got tired of the blubbering me on the phone every time he had a fit in the later stages, I could not bare the thought of losing him, he was not going to go I had decided that. In a way I must have known, as I always called him when he was sleeping just to see him move. At times I would just look at him in awe and burst into tears, he was such a beautiful dog, always majestic, always proud, he was so special to me.

It was Sunday and that meant walks at the beach, there was always great excitement when I grabbed the leads, much hurry, squeals, and three mad cresteds jumping up and down, with Ricky just watching! With the crate loaded and the dogs on board I called Ricky, he didnt come, which wasnt unusual but I had to go and find him, he was back inside the house and came on the third call. Ricky had been resting on his inside bed.

The walk along the beach was the same as usual only I didnt pick Ricky up as I usually did when dogs approached as he didnt seem bothered on this day and didnt want to fight everybody . I played chasey with the others as Ricky putted along, for some odd reason half way through the walk I placed my hand on his chest, to check his breathing (I had never done this before). I cant say for sure but I dont remember Ricky panting as much as he usually did, and he definitely stayed by my side more than usual. Back at the car everyone was toweled off, Ricky dived in early to the car, to his spot behind my seat, the others clambered into the crate.

In the car on the way back home I stopped to get milk, didnt think much of it but in hindsight there was no excitement when I stopped the car, no race to get out. When I returned to the car, a quick check of the dogs and calling of names......... Ricky didnt move, I yelled and screamed at him calling his name over and over. Ricky just lay there head on the footrest. The nearest vet was arrived at in two minutes and upon arrival an on site vet came down to help, inside the vet announced that there was nothing he could do, I asked him to shock him, do anything, please just make him come back. He stated he was gone and it was probably a heart attack, but could not tell for sure without an autopsy, he offered to keep him there, I vowed I would never leave one of my dogs at a vets and I bought him home to be placed in the freezer for cremation later. At least here I felt he would not be far away, and thus he wouldnt panic, Ricky always panicked when things were unfamiliar.

As I placed him in the car the other dogs were silent, I then made the dreaded phone call that I never, ever wanted to make, I dialled Phillipa, her mobile didnt answer and I was relieved I didnt have to tell her. I phoned my mum and dad and blurted out that Ricky had died, my poor parents have lost many dogs, Wolfhounds being the most recent. I called Phillipa at the land line and spoke to Betty, who immediately must have known who the blubbering mess on the phone was, "Ricky has died" I said Betty said she would get Phillipa, "Please dont tell her" I said and I heard her footsteps, she ran, Betty should not be running at her age I thought and I worried she may fall. Then those words I dreaded, " Oh darling" it was so hard to tell Phillipa who had entrusted me with the life of her beloved Ricky four years ago, Phillpa knew, she always knew what was best and what to do. I echoed the events hoping Phillipa would make it better, Ricky was in my heart and not the body that was with me, I will remember that for ever.

It was the hardest goodbye I have ever said, I could not hold him long enough, I could not do enough, I secretly wanted him to just get up and scare himself by farting like he always did. I took a plaster mould of his foot, some cuttings of his hair. I kissed him softly one last time and held him, never wanting to let go, I cried and my heart hurt one last time, or so I thought. I wrapped Ricky in a plastic bag, and another and another, then two one at each end, just in case. I placed him in the freezer gently and so he was comfortable and not squashed, writing this now it seems strange, but I would do it all again, and not change a thing, maybe hugging him for a while longer.

I had trouble in going out near the freezer for a while, but I remembered what Phillipa had told me, Ricky was indeed in my heart and not the freezer. The other dogs seemed no different although Angel has been a little more cuddly, I really notice that Ricky no longer checks on me every few minutes to see where I am (or if the offer of food is there!) I havent found an Urn worthy of his Lordship yet, however I am searching to find the ONE that is him.

I shall always remember joy this little dog bought me in so many ways, the great people and many friends I have met through him. However I shall never forget the pain etched into my heart from the loss of my best friend. Thank you Ricky, I shall never forget you.

Jacqi

Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called Rainbow Bridge because of its many splendid colors. Just this side of Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush, green grass.

When beloved pets die, they go to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on earth. So each day they run and play. Until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!

The nose twitches. The ears are up! The eyes are staring.

And this one suddenly runs from the group. You have been seen!

And when you and your special friend meet, you take him in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together…

… Never again to be separated.

Author Unknown.

Thank you Souff and Nynka

I wanted to share my memories of my little man its not any easier, as time goes by, , and the tears still flow.

Aus Champ DosAngeles Xotic

Ricky

(11/03/1997 - 15/10/2006) leased to Jacqi from Phillipa *****(DosAngeles Chinese Crested Dogs NSW) 16th August 2002.

Ricky came into my life after I acquired my first Chinese Crested and just had to have another one of these wonderful little beings. My first was a bitch, Belachi Bare Witchery from Sheree ******* in 2002, Jenny **** was instrumental in my introduction to these wonderful little dogs and I was told of a young dog in need of a pet home in the east. After contacting the person and numerous telephone calls about the puppy, I was asked if I would l would maybe like a rare opportunity, an ex show dog called Ricky was possibly available to a special person. After a thorough vetting I was so excited that I was to be entrusted with this dog who was the pride and joy of Phillipa ****and also a titled Australian Champion show dog. The flights were organised and I travelled to Perth awaiting the arrival of the flight, my parents were also there for this occasion, which meant so much to me as he was someones best mate and they had picked me to look after him. The plane landed and all the pets were off loaded, I craned my neck to see and all the pets were collected, but one cage remained, a small black old Miniature type Kelpie was left. I thought maybe the lady Phillipa was not that sure of Cresteds and in fact Ricky was not a true Crested ( because he just had to be there didnt !he after all someone had promised me a dog). I called Phillipa and stated he did not arrive, Phillipa was devastated and very upset, so two crying women had many a phone conversation about a lost dog flying around the airspace somewhere. Shortly after Ricky was located and the next flight he arrived in his crate, I was so eager to see him and give him a cuddle I opened his crate and rushed in. Ricky being a very mature gentleman and very offended at this stranger intruding into his space promptly replied to my invasion with a swift light nip to my hand, to which shut the crate door having been put in my place. Welcome to Western Australia Ricky.!!

This little man slowly (the drive home) wormed his way into my heart, he was the most majestic and proud little man I knew and I treated him as Phillipas and on loan to me all the time. I always referred to him as my adopted baby and knew one day he may go home to Phillipa, in the event she may wish to breed from him. I kept regular phone contact with Phillipa , and although I have never met the woman, I call her each week and regard her as a close friend. I used Ricky twice to breed with my bitch Angel and the puppies were all placed in pet homes on contracts that they were to return to me if they were to be rehomed. I had a few shows in the West with Ricky but neither him nor I enjoyed it much, despite lots of help and encouragement from Jenny, Kim and Lynn****, but they sure all tried!!

Ricky was always a bit wary of strangers and walks were always exciting when I first got Ricky. At the park I would let Angel off to run and play and assumed Ricky once he knew me would stay and play as well, NO. Ricky was the fastest little scrambler I knew and would disappear and run the 1 km home, with his Fabio hair flapping behind him!! before I could say “No Ricky stay" He would always be sitting on the front verandah on the couch gazing around like Lord Muck! as if to say “where have you been ". One of the funniest memories I have is at the park, when the two dogs were playing ball with my husband and I, a Labrador type dog came from nowhere and Ricky bolted, I went to chase him and fell over, got up calling his name and fell again, yelled and screamed at my husband” Do something, get him, do something dont just stand there”. I was that scared for Ricky my legs went to jelly, but scrambler bum was long gone, I still don’t know to this day whether my husband was wracked with laughter at the debacle. But I sure can remember the other people at the park laughing in amusement at the funny looking dog, the lady who couldn’t walk properly and was yelling at her husband, I still laugh thinking about it, and yes Ricky was on the verandah!

Ricky lounged the back yard with the other Cresteds here eating anything he could find and his favourite pastime of rolling in cat poo! That was his favourite trick and usually at the worst times (not that I can think of a good time lol).

The last two years Ricky started to have fits and although they did not last long and had no pattern, I was warned to brace for the fact his time may be coming to an end. Phillipa must have got tired of the blubbering me on the phone every time he had a fit in the later stages, I could not bare the thought of losing him, he was not going to go I had decided that. In a way I must have known, as I always called him when he was sleeping just to see him move. At times I would just look at him in awe and burst into tears, he was such a beautiful dog, always majestic, always proud, he was so special to me.

It was Sunday and that meant walks at the beach, there was always great excitement when I grabbed the leads, much hurry, squeals, and three mad cresteds jumping up and down, with Ricky just watching! With the crate loaded and the dogs on board I called Ricky, he didnt come, which wasnt unusual but I had to go and find him, he was back inside the house and came on the third call. Ricky had been resting on his inside bed.

The walk along the beach was the same as usual only I didnt pick Ricky up as I usually did when dogs approached as he didnt seem bothered on this day and didnt want to fight everybody . I played chasey with the others as Ricky putted along, for some odd reason half way through the walk I placed my hand on his chest, to check his breathing (I had never done this before). I cant say for sure but I dont remember Ricky panting as much as he usually did, and he definitely stayed by my side more than usual. Back at the car everyone was toweled off, Ricky dived in early to the car, to his spot behind my seat, the others clambered into the crate.

In the car on the way back home I stopped to get milk, didnt think much of it but in hindsight there was no excitement when I stopped the car, no race to get out. When I returned to the car, a quick check of the dogs and calling of names......... Ricky didnt move, I yelled and screamed at him calling his name over and over. Ricky just lay there head on the footrest. The nearest vet was arrived at in two minutes and upon arrival an on site vet came down to help, inside the vet announced that there was nothing he could do, I asked him to shock him, do anything, please just make him come back. He stated he was gone and it was probably a heart attack, but could not tell for sure without an autopsy, he offered to keep him there, I vowed I would never leave one of my dogs at a vets and I bought him home to be placed in the freezer for cremation later. At least here I felt he would not be far away, and thus he wouldnt panic, Ricky always panicked when things were unfamiliar.

As I placed him in the car the other dogs were silent, I then made the dreaded phone call that I never, ever wanted to make, I dialled Phillipa, her mobile didnt answer and I was relieved I didnt have to tell her. I phoned my mum and dad and blurted out that Ricky had died, my poor parents have lost many dogs, Wolfhounds being the most recent. I called Phillipa at the land line and spoke to Betty, who immediately must have known who the blubbering mess on the phone was, "Ricky has died" I said Betty said she would get Phillipa, "Please dont tell her" I said and I heard her footsteps, she ran, Betty should not be running at her age I thought and I worried she may fall. Then those words I dreaded, " Oh darling" it was so hard to tell Phillipa who had entrusted me with the life of her beloved Ricky four years ago, Phillpa knew, she always knew what was best and what to do. I echoed the events hoping Phillipa would make it better, Ricky was in my heart and not the body that was with me, I will remember that for ever.

It was the hardest goodbye I have ever said, I could not hold him long enough, I could not do enough, I secretly wanted him to just get up and scare himself by farting like he always did. I took a plaster mould of his foot, some cuttings of his hair. I kissed him softly one last time and held him, never wanting to let go, I cried and my heart hurt one last time, or so I thought. I wrapped Ricky in a plastic bag, and another and another, then two one at each end, just in case. I placed him in the freezer gently and so he was comfortable and not squashed, writing this now it seems strange, but I would do it all again, and not change a thing, maybe hugging him for a while longer.

I had trouble in going out near the freezer for a while, but I remembered what Phillipa had told me, Ricky was indeed in my heart and not the freezer. The other dogs seemed no different although Angel has been a little more cuddly, I really notice that Ricky no longer checks on me every few minutes to see where I am (or if the offer of food is there!) I havent found an Urn worthy of his Lordship yet, however I am searching to find the ONE that is him.

I shall always remember joy this little dog bought me in so many ways, the great people and many friends I have met through him. However I shall never forget the pain etched into my heart from the loss of my best friend. Thank you Ricky, I shall never forget you.

Jacqi

Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called Rainbow Bridge because of its many splendid colors. Just this side of Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush, green grass.

When beloved pets die, they go to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on earth. So each day they run and play. Until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!

The nose twitches. The ears are up! The eyes are staring.

And this one suddenly runs from the group. You have been seen!

And when you and your special friend meet, you take him in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together…

… Never again to be separated.

Author Unknown.