Dog Scratched Its Nose

Andoria1

Hi,

We moved into a new house recently and my 5 month old puppy likes to dig holes and hide his food in them and the cover it back up with soil. He then goes back to the food where he hid, takes it out and finds makes another hole in the ground and does the same thing again with his food.

A couple of days ago i have noticed that he has skined the top of his nose. :cry:

He dosent seem to be in any pain, but the skined area is pinkish or red but its not bleeding. Is there an ointment cream that i can buy which is safe to put on his nose to help it heal faster. And how do i stop my dog from trying to cover his food, by digging holes and covering it up with soil ? :rofl:

This is becoming a very serrious problem with our puppy as i dont want him to keep skinning his nose and im worried that it might get infected.

:D

Edited by Andoria1

What type of food is he hiding? eg bones or kibble etc?

A bit of PawPaw ointment on his nose will keep that under control but it might be a matter of watching him eat and as soon as he starts to take things away to hide then take what's left if his food away...perhaps lessen his portions but increase the number of meals so he's still getting a normal daily intake?