Don't Train In Drive!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we have loads of pics like that which I don't show people cos they think OMG! evil stafford lol

The context of the piccy is important. A savage facial expression in a dog can be totally play... we had some intense facial expression when Flame was playing with the hose recently. A total DEVIL DOG. :thumbsup:

Yes, he looks a little worried!!

EmilyHoward, do you have any pics of Ziggy in drive training or showing her teeth?? (since we've turned this into a 'show your dogs teeth' thread, it seems only fair that you go off topic in your own topic! :thumbsup:)

Any gal that's into to dogs and camo gets the thumbsup from me (no big secret there ha ha!). Those pics are awesome! Good on you for posting them ShoeMonster! :thumbsup:

I love the expression on the dogs face in the second pic, with the paws up like that. That's SO much like when Flame and I play. Its such an exhuberant smile! And you only get that from full-on play, where the dog can really express itself fully as a dog. :laugh:

Its fun.

I do think a good technique helps and the dogs as mentioned in the past learn power and strength does not win the game.

What about dogs who go into drive peak very quickly, and by doing so may be unable to learn as well/with a clear head, as less driven dogs.

Obviously I have been pondering lately, LOL.

EmilyHoward, do you have any pics of Ziggy in drive training or showing her teeth?? (since we've turned this into a 'show your dogs teeth' thread, it seems only fair that you go off topic in your own topic! :thumbsup:)

Hmmm not really. I do have a really cool shots of the dogs playing together with teeth bared. I'll upload it tomorrow. I have hardly any shots of me training so I'll have to do something about that. I'm a bit camera-phobic.

Yes Emily (Gigi) that was definitely a FAB day. And Steve of K9 Force really gave your Dobe a huge thumbs up for training potential. To think all you have been through with Ziggy, its so nice to know that you're such an excellent team.

And the picture of Ziggy with Myszka is definitely one of my Favorite Pics ever. I think everyone will agree Myszka looks fantastic as she gets her heartrate up and drives Ziggy into a frenzied tug-fest! :D

ziggy_monika3.jpg

Edited by Flames_Daddy