Barking Problem With A Difference

We had a cat coming from 2 streets away in to our kennel runs at night stirring the dogs up. The kennel dogs are debarked, & we have great neighbours who dont worry about any noise, But still, we were ending up with this flea ridden cat in our yard EVERY night. So we started trapping it, for 2 weeks, we were trapping it, and taking it to the RSPCA. The owners kept going and getting it as it was M/C.

In the end, i went around to their place, and said next time we trap it, it will be taken to the vet and PTS. As it was, it was a nasty piece of work. And not even they could pat it without it latching on.

Anyway, a week went by and we didnt trap the cat.. However we ended up trapping it again, and we took it back to the RSPCA and reported it as a nuisance cat, we also spoke with the council who told us to report it a nuisance/stray. The RSPCA wouldnt then release it to the owner.. mind you it was the 15th TIME!!!!! The cat was PTS & the owners were fined around $800 for wildlife disturbance.

Might be worth chatting to the RSPCA about the cat.

Never had a problem again :laugh:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you trapped the roaming cat again? Or has it been confined to its owners' property now?

It seem's to be staying home now as I haven't seen any cats around :) . I heard the lady of the house calling for her daughter to "grab him, he's going through the fence", so I'm guessing they are a little more motivated to keep him in their own yard. They haven't said anything to us so I'm hoping they now realise that their cat really is the cause of the dogs barking :) .

I'd like to thank you lillysmum because you've been very supportive with your suggestions - I really had no idea how I was going to handle this problem as I've never been in this siuation before. I promise you I'll be back for more advice if this comes up again. ;)