Oh No

Bokezu

I was so happy, my new puppy is 15 weeks old and had his first show yesterday. He took Baby Puppy in Show! I get home from work today and noticed a lump on his back leg. It is soft and round and about the size of a large marble. I never noticed it before, but its in a spot that you wouldn't notice easily, so it could have been there for awhile. The vet tommorrow ofcourse but can anybody make me feel any better by telling me this doesn't automatically mean cancer! But what else could it be? I am so worried, but I'll just have to wait until tommorrow, see what the vet has to say. :(

Hi Portia, like us people, most lumps on dogs are harmless so don't worry. Chances are it is just a small haematoma from a bump or as prev suggested a local reaction to something, eg a bite/sting. If pup is well & not distressed by it, chances are it's harmless. Goodluck with your vet visit & at future shows.

:( Just got back from the vet. Rory has a very swollen lymph node in the back of his leg. Vet thinks/hopes it is a reaction to a small abrasion he has on his ankle. A course of antibiotics and it should get smaller and go away. If its still there in 7 days we need to do a needle biopsy and check for something more serious. Positive thoughts, I'm sure he will be fine. :laugh: