Anyone From Ballarat?

Hi, I have 6 dogs, all working dog breeds. We have been training at an obedience club but now we are soon to move to a small town near Ballarat. I would really like to learn how to do agility, flyball and maybe frisby and maybe some day join in competition in dog sports. As my dogs are all such energetic dogs, kelpies, Border collies and ACD, they are also very smart and would be great for any dog sport. Can anyone tell me where to start because while we have done obedience we have never tried any dog sports. Sounds like a heap of fun though.

Heaps of us are from Ballarat.

Me, Sivaro, Clover, ImashepHead, Pheonix, KMB, roofEdoof umm, umm, umm. Thats all I can think of for the minute. PM Clover, I know she does Dog Sports.

Thanks, we are making offers on a place at Snake Valley, so maybe I will catch up with some of you when we move up that way. fingers & paws crossed we get the place!

Hi Ausdogs,

I'm not from Ballarat, I'm about 90 mins away but I used to drive up to Ballarat and go to Ballarat Dog Obedience www.bdoc.com.au I've since found a closer club ;)

They have agility and fly ball, there's a fair bit of info on their website.

Good luck with the move! ;)

The Western Weiners Flyball Club are available for Flyball and hopefully soon to be Agility lessons twice a week all year round.. new members are very much welcome ;).

ETA: Oh i am also hoping to get a few sheep to keep on my Brothers property once their house is built so we will have somewhere for herding aswell ;).

Edited by Clover

Heaps of us are from Ballarat.

Me, Sivaro, Clover, ImashepHead, Pheonix, KMB, roofEdoof umm, umm, umm. Thats all I can think of for the minute. PM Clover, I know she does Dog Sports.

......and me, 2tollers, sparty and..... and.... and... I'm sure theres more. Well I'm not really from Ballarat but close enough and spend enough time there to be an honourary resident.

Edited by Pippi

Will the Weiners be doing serious agility Clover or just fun stuff? I was looking into going to Melbourne once a month next year to do some agility but I want to do it with the goal of trialing in it - if the Weiners are doing it serioiusly I'll be keen to join.

I am from near ballarat.. not too far from snake valley :thumbsup: I do flyball with weiners and tracking & obedience &tricks & agility at ballarat dog club (lol well will be doing more agility after christmas hopefully) and herding where ever i can get it!!!

how big a place in snake valley??

would be good if we could all get to gether to work out something for herding.. maybe get David to come & bring some sheep and run a training day woohoo make it worth his while

Thanks to all you guys from Ballarat that replied. We are so excited, its official now that we are about to become Snake Valley residents. We cant wait, it seems to be such a friendly area and the Ballarat Dog Club sounds perfect for us. We are comeing from the Berwick Obedience Dog Club which is a great club too.

The property is in Mortchup road. Its a couple of acres which will be good. We have 2 cats, (Cash & Visa) 2 kelpies,(Zac & Chelsea) 2 border collies,(Sally & Molley) a red ACD (Chilli) and a kelpie x border collie (Canda), plus 2 horses (Hope & Bandit). All the dogs but one, will be happy with room to run. Unfortunately Canda has severe HD and we try to keep her away from the other dogs as much as possible as they tend to play rough, especially the kelpies.

I am really keen to do some agility and flyball and I have always wanted to have a go at herding but there are not many clubs that do herding. It all sounds like a lot of fun and the dogs will really enjoy the dog sports there, especially Zac who is really full of fun! Our settlement date is the 9th March. Cant wait!

Lois

:mad What about me??? Doesn't any one love me anymore???

Sorry 'LilBailey' we are new kids on the block but didnt mean to take over. I am sure we will get on great because I see that you are a flyball nut. Maybe you can teach us flyball stuff when we get up there, if you can handle my kelpie (he is a full on smarty pants when it comes to balls) lol. Look forward to meeting you all. from the whole pack at ausdogsx6

What about me??? Doesn't any one love me anymore???

Aww of course we do :(. I have been scanning the streets for suitable height dogs, found one the other day but the guy walking it was realy old.

ausdogsx6 do you have any photos of your dogs?.. would love to see them :thumbsup:.

Phil you should come down to training one Saturday morning.

Will the Weiners be doing serious agility Clover or just fun stuff? I was looking into going to Melbourne once a month next year to do some agility but I want to do it with the goal of trialing in it - if the Weiners are doing it serioiusly I'll be keen to join.

We only have 2 jumps at the moment but i have been searching around for weavers, more jumps etc. I would like to get into it seriously at some stage.

What about me??? Doesn't any one love me anymore???

Aww of course we do :(. I have been scanning the streets for suitable height dogs, found one the other day but the guy walking it was realy old.

ausdogsx6 do you have any photos of your dogs?.. would love to see them :thumbsup:.

I have positively millions of photos but I am dumb when it comes to computers and cant work out how to put any on here. I dont know how to make them small enough!

The old equestrian (Spl?) centre in Grant St Sebastopol, 10am most Saturdays and 6PM Tuesdays :thumbsup:. We might be going to Geelong next Saturday for training though... so might not be at Grant st. And then we have a comp the next weekend :D.

Edited by Clover