Dog Barking At Other Dogs

Andoria1

Sigh, my ACD X Labrador wont stop barking at other dogs. He just goes crazy at them. This afternoon a neighbour across the street was taking his dog to his driveway, when my dog spotted his dog and went bezerk. My dog was so close to jumping over the fence. The owner just stood there with his dog as i tried to get the dogs attention away from the dog by saying no, grabbing the dogs collar and saying no ! throwing a toy for him to chase in the other direction away from the other dog. But still my dog continued to bark at their dog. So i chose to bring the dog into the house. I also heard the next door neighbour complain that my dog is always barking.

I dont know what to do anymore with my dog barking. When the dog is inside he never barks. And my OH dosent like the dog to be a permenant inhouse dog.

help me please.

I'm no expert, but if I was in your position I'd engage barkbusters or Ausdogs. These people are experienced with dogs and give a guarantee - ie they resolve the problem and if it comes back, they come back for free (I think).

I used Ausdogs once and they were like a magic wand and made my life and my dog's life AWESOME.

I think this problem can be resolved, but its important to nip it ASAP.

Keeping the dog indoors is not a solution, it must be hard when you walk your dog too. I've seen this problem with that dognanny type show - she is amazing!

If you'd like Ausdogs number I will have that somewhere...PM me if you like.

Good luck. Don't despair. You can get through this.

When you take action, it might be a good idea to let the neighbours know too...they will be more understanding when they know you are taking action to resolve the issue.

he is nine months old. now he is continuosly barking. I stood there by the window watching the road to see what he is barking at now, and there was nothing there only i can hear other dogs barking.

How much does ausdogs cost ? cause financially i may not afford to take him there. I live in nsw. Is there one here ?

Edited by Andoria1

Its interesting that there are currently a my dog never barks, and a my dog barks too much thread running on here at the moment. Ahh dogs gotta love em!

I have a non barker so far, and i am in no means an expert, but from reading many posts on the forum i often hear that a tired, stimulated dog is less likely to bark, does he get much exercise, is he walked?

yes he does get walked durring the day. The problem is regardless of walking he will bark anyways.

He takes a short nap and hes up for anything again, barking etc.

When i tell me other half to take him to dog trainning classes he wont take him. He beleive that the dog dosent need dog training.

Edited by Andoria1

Is your dog in the front yard? It sounds like it from your post (but I could be wrong!). Moving him to the backyard and blocking his line of vision so he doesn't see other dogs walking by would be a good start. It sounds like he is guarding the yard. My girls used to lie on a bed in the front window in the sun but I've had to move the bed and block the window cause they were using nasty language at passing dogs and cats! It is much more peaceful now :thumbsup:

Exercise and training are definitely the go! You have an active dog and he won't behave as you'd like if he is not taught. Well behaved dogs don't just happen. You can join an obedience training club quite cheaply and learn how to train him.