Anyone Looking For A Kelpie Puppy?

This thread is just putting out feelers at the moment.

Have picked up my latest fosters a few hours ago, and they are stunning.

Both have really nice temps, very sound, my little sister dropped a wire door that went crashing....my dogs scattered, these two just stood there with cocked heads LOL

Poor little Darcy, he is at the bottom of an even bigger group of dogs, the little brown tan girl who is literally 1/3 of his size, has told him off for being annoying and he immediately threw himself to the ground tail tucked between his legs :rofl: Still cant believe he got told off by a puppy :D

I will have more temp info when they are here longer but here is a basic description.

Alexis/Lexi, she is divine, very calm and sweet.....was a bit standoffish at first but they have just been taken from one side of the state to another. Was a little possessive if she was sitting near me, with my dogs at first, but is calming a bit now. She really is gorgeous.

Bella/Belle - Black Tan girl, very very friendly and happy puppy. Was desperately trying to get her sister to play but stuck with chewing on Novas ear LOL. Pretty much sums her up, she is just very friendly and happy.

They would be great agility/flyball dogs and being Kelpies would need plenty of mental and physical exercise. Will post pictures when my camera charges lol.

ETA: Ive been told they are approximately 15 weeks.....i honestly have no idea they are soo small i am not used to puppies so not sure what size they should be at any age.

Edited by tollersowned

So glad they arrived safely - their brother and sister Tooheys & Moet are still here in Albury. Moet is nowhere near as confident as the other three but just in case anyone is after a male, Tooheys is the same lovely red & tan as his sister in Melbourne - and just as ballsy! :D

Just waiting for pictures too load then i will post some.

Nova and Belle have been playing together a bit, Nova will lay on his back and she will leap at him it is very funny too watch considering the size difference. She has begun to follow him around to his dismay, seeing as she keeps licking his mouth and rolling over in front of him haha.

Little brown girl is coming around, more open to both us and the dogs. Has certainly found her voice lol This girl is gorgeous, with her big bat ears lol. She is going to be one of those dogs that are going to snob off everyone but her family.

Some more :rofl:

Dont mind Darcy lol, he wasnt too impressed with the fact that she came over and layed down like that. Photo was taken just before she snatched the toy and run lol

Little Belle (black tan girl) has excellent dog manners, the other girl needs a bit of working as she considers everything she touches hers and defends it much to the amusement of my two who are 3 times her size.

post-1761-1168772687_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1168772746_thumb.jpg

post-1761-1168772863_thumb.jpg

Edited by tollersowned

Guest Steph & Bam

I love the look of the little brown and tan girl, are you still looking for homes for them?? I'd love her!! where abouts are you?? state/suburb?

Hey

Yes they are still available and i am in Victoria....bit far for you.

Lablover, thanks but i dont do 1/8th the amount that others do.

I love the black and tan???? Where did they come from????? Would make fantastic herding dogs as well. Shame you are so far away.

Good luck finding them a home. Try putting them on Ozherders as well.

I rescued a kelpie from the Albury area also. She is just like your little brown and tan one. The bloke that had her reckoned that she was too small to work sheep. Didnt make any sense to me but I am really pleased to be Chelsea's mother. I wonder if they have come from the same place. Chelsea is probably about 8 months old now and a real joy to have in our pack. If that bloke only new what he has lost.

I rescued a kelpie from the Albury area also. She is just like your little brown and tan one. The bloke that had her reckoned that she was too small to work sheep. Didnt make any sense to me but I am really pleased to be Chelsea's mother. I wonder if they have come from the same place. Chelsea is probably about 8 months old now and a real joy to have in our pack. If that bloke only new what he has lost.

post-13245-1168951949_thumb.jpgI rescued a kelpie from the Albury area also. She is just like your little brown and tan one. The bloke that had her reckoned that she was too small to work sheep. Didnt make any sense to me but I am really pleased to be Chelsea's mother. I wonder if they have come from the same place. Chelsea is probably about 8 months old now and a real joy to have in our pack. If that bloke only new what he has lost.