Perfect Pup...

LilyW

I have been so lucky with my puppy, she is extremely well behaved and we have had no issues. Nothing has been distroyed, the garden is still intact...

But then we get home the other day and every single business shirt my OH had put on the line was now all over the ground, with a guilty looking puppy sitting in the middle of it all... they were covered in grass stains - haven't checked for rips yet, just put them straight in the wash...

Expect the unexpected as they say, we might avoid the clothes line for a little bit... might be a cheaper way to go.. :cry:

my fur kids will steal clothing if given the opportunity especially if it belongs to someone they know and are missing - our girl had my OH shoe the other day and was happily curled up with it asleep :cry: cute but naughty! i generally put it down to we havent spent enough time with them that day or the day before + the opportunity.

With Lily at almost 6 months i would be expecting your little angel puppy to be causing some upset in that department! i dont anticipate being out of the woods until at least 12 months!! :)

Yeah, we are waiting for it to all happen now as we have been fairly lucky. :cry: She is testing the waters a bit at the moment, being a touch disobedient.....my OH is starting her at Obedience School on Sunday and that happens each week - so it will be good for her to get out amongst it and back into the training.

we were discussing this at dog training and an old school trainer suggested this...dont know if you want to use it but im sure it would stop puppy from stealing the washing....

peg garbage bags of water up onto the clothes line then drap a towel or something similar over the top then when puppy grabs at towel they burst the bag and water goes all over their heads....would probably only work if ya dog didnt like water...

It is pretty nromal for a puppy to find a whole lot of daggly things hanging and blowing around abit of fun to play with. She probably had a ball jumping up and pulling it all down.

The best way is put the washing out on the line with her watching and telling her "No" if she shows interest in it and she will learn that as exciting as it may be to play with - she is not allowed too.

Get on to showing her it is a no go area asap as it is one thing that is a hard habit to break if dogs into pulling things off the line!

we were discussing this at dog training and an old school trainer suggested this...dont know if you want to use it but im sure it would stop puppy from stealing the washing....

peg garbage bags of water up onto the clothes line then drap a towel or something similar over the top then when puppy grabs at towel they burst the bag and water goes all over their heads....would probably only work if ya dog didnt like water...

It could work - though this is the first time she has ever touched the washing, we have had a heap up before this, just had to laugh that it was my OH shirts and not towels or anything.. always the way i guess...

I will give it a shot next time, will just have to make sure it isn't a extremely hot day - it might be refreshing for her and she will go for the washing for relief... :cry:

I personally wouldn't go with the water bags etc just yet, that usually done on dogs that won't stop pulling things off the line and it has gotten to that point but she isn't at that stage and as she is only a pup so it could very scare her.

It is her first time and if she can learn not to do it by you simply training her not to, then that is what I would try first.

Hehehe I feel for you! Some days the devil just seems to get into them!

Maybe it is a once off thing and the "evil voices" were telling her to just go for it?

There was one morning when it poured and we couldn't walk Bub. We were worried that he might be restless but he was as good as gold.

There was another morning when we took him for an extra long, new route super walk and came home to find that he had dug a hole to China all round one of our trees (roots were sticking up). He had washed his paws (they were bright white) but his face was soot black. You can never quite tell what will get into them on a given day! Even the saintliest ones!

Pegging panty hose on the line with some doggy poop in the feet works better than the water method.

I agree with Ci, just supervise the washing and the pup will grow out of it.

:thumbsup::cheer::cheer: my dog wuld love that she loves eating poo!!!!freak she is!!!! :rofl: :p

My girl goes for the duck poo at the lake next door - ewwwww!

Anyone got any suggestions on good toys - she has so many, but we would like to get some new ones and take away some of the old ones - keep her entertained. But is there anyones that you have found really good???

I got up this morning, looked outside and Lily was sitting on our swing chair, just staring at the world swinging away. We have never taught her or let her on furniture, so not sure how she got up there, with it swinging and all. Pity i didn't have a camera, it was pretty cute...