Puppies Who'd Have Em'?

rockhard_mastiffs

Took OH to work this morning and left the three dogs inside (2 of which are 5 month old puppies) in the tiled area with all the baby gates up. But when I got home I got a nasty old surprise, the dogs greeted me at the front door which they shouldn't have been able to get to and there was DESTRUCTION! they had knocked down both baby gates (these are 35kg puppies we are talking about here though :cheer: ) and had gone crazy! They ripped up an entire bulk pack of nappies, ate all the cat biscuits, spilled the cat's water all over the floor, weed on the carpet, weed on my rug, jumped on every bed in the house and put muddy paws all over my very expensive leather lounge :thumbsup: And they did all this in 25 minutes :cheer: Who'd have em'? :rofl:

Sounds like they had an absolute ball !

My mother had a basenji years ago that was locked in the bottom (wet area) of the house whilst she went up the street. Gone for no more than half an hour. when she opened the front door, kim met her. it seems Kim didn't want to be in the bathroom/laundry and ATE the bathroom door !

Gotta love puppies!

I should count myself lucky then!

I left Angus in the bathroom for 2 hours on Saturday. Usually he has his own room but the bathroom was cooler and is large too.

I opened the door in time to see him coming down the stairs. He had opened the bathroom door (I know it was latched shut), his kong was in his normal room, his greenie was on the couch, he had peed in his room and his teddy bear was on my bed....

Thankfully there had been no further attempts to rearrange the garden!

This would indicate that he played houdini soon after I left.

The same door handle is on his day room so I just waiting and in preparation - I gate off upstairs and raise chewable things out of reach (heaven forbid leaving the remote behind the cushion!)

:thumbsup: Gosh you guys have had fun haven't you??

I have never had that happen but I don't lock my puppy inside, can you not put them outside when you go out??

Tealc has dug up plants for me but thats about it so far *fingers crossed*

I'd never leave any of my dogs outside unattended. Brown Snakes, idiots with baits, heat-stroke, to name but three reasons why they're kept inside. :D

Arhh yes Sway does do some weird and wonderful stuff.

lets see, eating my $400 pair of sunglasses.

Trying to eat the window tint in the car.

Thiking she can jump on a bunk bed.

Taking dirty clothes and placing them around the back lawn just as you have guests coming over.

Have a drink of water, and walking off with drool still dripping from her mouth. Only to have you slip in it.

Shaving her nails off on the one way mesh security door.

Drooling out the car window down the side of your car, only to have it blow back the other way and in throught the front window.

Munched on the new couch.

The list is endless!!

And this mornings special gift throwing up on the bed, whilst hubby was still asleep in it :D :D

She had bought up some chicken neck bones :(

Would i trade it for the world, no way!

Would i get another Dane you betcha!! Im counting down the days :thumbsup:

I would prefer that than him under the deck chasing frogs with the cat (that was last night) and trying to dig to the bottom of the contained beds - half of my backyard is riverstones which he likes to chew. I also imagine my orchids and gardenias would be shredded!

I prefer housework to gardening as the lesser of 2 evils!

Sounds like they had an absolute ball !

My mother had a basenji years ago that was locked in the bottom (wet area) of the house whilst she went up the street. Gone for no more than half an hour. when she opened the front door, kim met her. it seems Kim didn't want to be in the bathroom/laundry and ATE the bathroom door !

Gotta love puppies!

Ha ha - very funny Tunsa - by best budd had a basenji who got put in the laundry while she hung her washing on the line (she didnt like to do it front of him as to not let him see the new toy being pegged up) and when she got back to the back laundry door found water POOOOORING out - to open the door to a sea of water as he had EATEN through the entire hose pipe (yes pipe not just hose) for the washing machine!!! We still dont know how he got behind there and they had a low set home!!! GOD INSURANCE IS GOOD hehehehhehehe.

:) Gosh you guys have had fun haven't you??

I have never had that happen but I don't lock my puppy inside, can you not put them outside when you go out??

Id rather clean up a huge mess than have my dogs stolen out of my backyard :p

Well Angus aka Houdini has done it again...he has learnt to escape from a room with a shut door. I come home to find he has escaped and been sleeping on the bed :D

As I had not been expecting this, the result was one pair of pj bottoms on the couch, one thong/ jandal now with breathing holes and teeth marks on another casual shoe and a kong on my pillow!

SwaY - you trust the face at your own risk!!

:confused: Gosh you guys have had fun haven't you??

I'd never leave any of my dogs outside unattended. Brown Snakes, idiots with baits, heat-stroke, to name but three reasons why they're kept inside. :confused:

Mine are outside when I'm not home.....they have a garage to go in which is insulliated and is cool, no snakes.....and I don't have to worry about people baiting my dogs......what a stressful life you have :)