Nosey Beagle

Flying Penguin

Sammy has started to pull things off tables around the house, we tell her off but she is continually doing it. I understand it is probably a phase but it is very frustrating as she is chewing things up that she takes.

We try to keep minimal things on them but we just cant completely clear them off.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what we can do to get her to stop.

Thanks.

Be vigilant - watch her like a hawk, so you can do a sharp NO! immediately BEFORE she actually does it.

Or try a deliberate set up - put something loud and clangy on the table so that when she pulls it off, it scares her from doing it again. (Hopefully).

:mad Dunno, my boys are :D :rofl:

:laugh:

Jack has been doing the same thing. I am beginning to think it is just for attention ( he gets more than his fair share) even if he gets some sort of response he doesn't go back for that, but then tries for something else when the response from the previous thing dies down. I thought kids were difficult, lol, sometimes I don't know so much!

Or try a deliberate set up - put something loud and clangy on the table so that when she pulls it off, it scares her from doing it again. (Hopefully).

I used this idea for Jack jumping up on me as my voice is not strong enough, I used his aluminium bowl and a stick to make the noise and it worked wonders...... NO MORE JUMPING (yay).......

Edited by Jack@sandysmum