Help - Advise Needed - Parvo Test

moobee

slight possibility puppies in our care may have been exposed to the dreaded parvo.

approx 10 days ago and 1 week after her 1st vaccination we had contact with another dog who may have had contact with a parvo pup.

all are looking good at the moment except the female runt who has never really been a good eater anyway. need to know how early a parvo test can pick up the disease. If there is loss of appetite and the runs will they be shedding parvo?

how much does the test cost

how long does is take

should we have it done to put our minds at ease

we have been very careful and may just be being paraniod but would like to know more about the test

We had a parvo test done on our pup, unfortunately he was quite sick when he arrived (but that's another story). The test itself only took about five minutes, we waited in the consult room while our vet ran it. I'm not sure how much it costs, as we handed so much money over to our vet at the time for an array of things!

I would do it, even if it's just to put your mind at ease - it did for us.

just an update, two of the females were a bit off this morning and are now at the vets. Testing negative so far so fingers crossed. If we hadn't heard of a parvo case around here we would have just assumed they had a generic tummy bug but you cant be two careful. All others are doing fine and the girls will be held overnight and retested in the morning so hopefully if that comes back ok we should be safe.

thanks for the advise, the "P" word is a pretty scary one!

just an update, two of the females were a bit off this morning and are now at the vets. Testing negative so far so fingers crossed. If we hadn't heard of a parvo case around here we would have just assumed they had a generic tummy bug but you cant be two careful. All others are doing fine and the girls will be held overnight and retested in the morning so hopefully if that comes back ok we should be safe.

thanks for the advise, the "P" word is a pretty scary one!

You have my number, let me know if I can do anything to help