Endurance Test 2012

Here here M, I have ende up with 4 mountain bikes, 1 off Ebay about $40.00, 2 from garage sales, the 4th was given to us :laugh: we have both 24" & 26" bikes

Oh Micheal, ran the thought of our club running a ET past the Secratary tonight, she was a bit iffy at 1st, but another lady jumped in & said she could help witha vet & steward helpers, the secratary then thought it could be a good idea. :crossfingers:

Great news murve,

Keep at them and work towards a committee resolution to host an ET event. Happy to provide any info and assistance.

M

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

:laugh: Are you allowed to do the ET in another state?

I think so Esky the Husky, we had a Fench Bulldog from QLD compete at the ET we took part in last year :) then she went over to compete at the Champ show at Bulla :)

But double check with M, he will know more

Yeah we live in Vic and done one in Canberra last year.

After a nasty fall on the weekend l have a fracture to the back of my skull so that ends my ET trianing for the May ET in Vic, the girl we were doing it with is on a lease and the breeders are egar to have her back for a litter, she is a tiny little thing so we started her last month. Now we have the June one to aim for.

Edited by Sir Sniffalot

Yeah we live in Vic and done one in Canberra last year.

After a nasty fall on the weekend l have a fracture to the back of my skull so that ends my ET trianing for the May ET in Vic, the girl we were doing it with is on a lease and the breeders are egar to have her back for a litter, she is a tiny little thing so we started her last month. Now we have the June one to aim for.

Hi All,

Yes, you certainly can enter an ET in another state. Many do due to the scarcity of these events.

SS very sorry to hear of your fall. Wishing you a very speedy recovery.

M

How do you handle dogs that stop dead in their tracks to go to the toilet? :o I'm still in early stages of training but I'm scared to go faster for this reason... it's so unpredictable!!!

Don't be scared. And remember who is training who. The dogs learn to behave, they can also learn that you will adapt to their wants and needs. Don't do that! :)

Pick up your pace so the dog learns that he/she has to move with you, not vice versa.

M

We are planning on doing it this year with my youngest boy, it will be his last year to do it so have to get off my bum and enter!

Are the ET's listed earlier the only ones in Victoria or will there be more? I was hoping to do my girl at the same time but she doesn't turn 2 until late July.

The ones listed are the only ones in Vic.

My gold boy would stop dead to toilet the first few times we were at 12km/ph and l had to let go of the lead or l would fall off, l soon learned the tell tale signs and that he would go between 1km and 1.2km's on the day of the ET l advised the handler behind me that he would stop dead in his tracks between 1km and 1.2km and true to his training he did and the handler behind me was prepared for it. On the up side he learned to pee while running which would have been great but he's a cocker spaniel and the wind would blow it all thru his coat.

We are planning on doing it this year with my youngest boy, it will be his last year to do it so have to get off my bum and enter!

Are the ET's listed earlier the only ones in Victoria or will there be more? I was hoping to do my girl at the same time but she doesn't turn 2 until late July.

You may have to go to Canberra. ET's listed are the only ones in Victoria. Canberra may be holding theirs late July, or August. Will find out.....

M

Suggestion for the guys who end up doing interstate ET why dont you car/dog trailer/ bike rack carrier pool :)

It would be cheaper fuel cost wise

If it comes to the crunch I might even do Canberra depends on our Bitch & her coming into season :(

Mmm after just getting back from Canberra for the flyball nationals it's not something I am wanting to do soon again! :laugh:

Will just wait till next year with my girl but I have to do my boy, it's his final year he is eligible!

• 2 weeks later...

HI All,

here are some details for the GSDCSA ET in Adelaide.

GSDCSA ET is scheduled for June 23, 2012. 9.00 am start.

To be held at our club grounds, West Beach. Judge is Peter Dynan.

Entry fee $15.00 per entry.

For further help, you can contact the trial manager, Donna Vigor or 0437 191

109 after 5pm only.

M

Ok i am definately putting at least one if not both of my girls through the ET this year. I have teed up a friend to help me. Can anyone tell me if they know when the perth et is and what surfaces i need to train on???? Thanks.