Endurance Test 2012

Ok i am definately putting at least one if not both of my girls through the ET this year. I have teed up a friend to help me. Can anyone tell me if they know when the perth et is and what surfaces i need to train on???? Thanks.

Hi. Good luck with your future et!

ET details for WA can be found on the dogswest.com website. The ET is being held on June 23 and Is hosted by the German Shepherd Club.

They are also holding another in Perth on September 8 and 9.

Interestingly, the German Shepherd Clubs of Vic, S.A. And W.A. Are all holding their Endurance Tests on June 23.

Let's all make sure these events are well supported.

You will need to train on three different surfaces. Most ETs cover paved areas, gravel and grass.

M

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again,

The GSDCV in Melbourne is also holding their ET on June 23.

It is at Cherry Lake, Altona.

I am delighted to be one of the judges invited to this ET.

Details on their website www.gsdcv.org.au

M

We will see you there again this year M with another cocker, l loved this ET last year.

We will see you there again this year M with another cocker, l loved this ET last year.

Good for you SS! Cherry lake is by far my favorite ET venue. It is very flat and quite picturesque around the lake.

The GSDCV goes to great lengths to put on an excellent ET with funds raised going to the Lost Dogs Home. Well worth everyone's support.

M

Ok i am definately putting at least one if not both of my girls through the ET this year. I have teed up a friend to help me. Can anyone tell me if they know when the perth et is and what surfaces i need to train on???? Thanks.

Hi. Good luck with your future et!

ET details for WA can be found on the dogswest.com website. The ET is being held on June 23 and Is hosted by the German Shepherd Club.

They are also holding another in Perth on September 8 and 9.

Interestingly, the German Shepherd Clubs of Vic, S.A. And W.A. Are all holding their Endurance Tests on June 23.

Let's all make sure these events are well supported.

You will need to train on three different surfaces. Most ETs cover paved areas, gravel and grass.

M

Thankyou this will work for me :) the new bikepath at our local reserve i can ride on all three surfaces yippee no need to travel far to train D:

Thankyou this will work for me :) the new bikepath at our local reserve i can ride on all three surfaces yippee no need to travel far to train D:

Good luck!

One of my vizslas is in WA and will most likely be competing as well. She is CH Abbiestar Caisse Depargne T.D. Owned by Jo Washington-King. Jo has also just become licenses as an obedience judge.

M

Good luck!

One of my vizslas is in WA and will most likely be competing as well. She is CH Abbiestar Caisse Depargne T.D. Owned by Jo Washington-King. Jo has also just become licenses as an obedience judge.

M

I think from what i know there should be a good turn out i know there are a few of us looking forward to doing it :) my youngest is old enough now so thought tee up someone and do both at once if i can get in of course :D have started walking and swimming them for an hour at least once a day maybe twice if i can stay awake enough lol. Gotta get me a bike to start them riding, luckily the oldest is already trained beside a bike so once less to train :D

• 3 weeks later...

How's everyone's training going? It's starting to get close to ET season!

I tested Revan with the bike last week and he did fabulously. He's quite happy running beside the bike and is very fit, so he'll need very little additional preparation for his ET. :thumbsup: Currently deciding between Grafton and Sydney. I really enjoyed the Grafton ET last year!

our training has been put on hold due to our sweet girl came into season :( there goes 4 weeks of training out the window :eek:

we are hoping to do HVCV trial, if we are lucky our Pappy bitch maybe ready if not we are also looking at Sale trial, & not in season again, :eek:

It's a real shame that ETs are for pure bred dogs as I'd love to compete in one. Zeus is a perfect candidate and is only approaching 3 years, however, he's not a pure bred.

Kirah Little would be good to compete with too, however, she's much too young (will be 1 year old on May 1st).

It's just sad because I know Zeus would enjoy it much more than Kirah ever would!

It's a real shame that ETs are for pure bred dogs as I'd love to compete in one. Zeus is a perfect candidate and is only approaching 3 years, however, he's not a pure bred.

Kirah Little would be good to compete with too, however, she's much too young (will be 1 year old on May 1st).

It's just sad because I know Zeus would enjoy it much more than Kirah ever would!

They don't have to be purebred. You can just register him as an Associate with Dogs Vic.

Edit: Oops I meant Dogs NSW :p

Edited by wuffles

Hi,

I note that you are from NSW. Get in contact with DogsNSW and you can register your dog as an "associate" breed.

You will then be able to enter endurance, agility, obedience - any discipline except conformation shows.

There are two ET's in NSW around July and August, and one in the ACT in August.

Good luck.

M

GSDCV Schedule is up. Go to gsdcv.org.au

ENTRIES CLOSE FRIDAY JUNE 1st 2012

GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG CLUB OF VICTORIA Inc.

OPEN ENDURANCE TEST

Saturday 23rd June 2012

VENUE: Cherry Lake Reserve, Civic Parade, Altona. (Melways Ref: 54 J9)

JUDGE: Ray Ashman. Reserve: Michael Stuart.

ENTRY FEE: $35.00 (incl VCA levy and catalogue)

ENTRIES TO: Trial Secretary: Dearne Jackson PO Box 397 Ashburton 3147. Ph 0413 278 042 (Please - not

after 9pm).

Cheques/money orders payable to German Shepherd Dog Club of Vic Inc.

Stamped self addressed envelope must be included with entries so we can forward vet checklist to be completed

by your Veterinarian. In compliance with the ANKC Rules a veterinary certificate issued within fourteen days

immediately prior to the date of the test MUST BE SUBMITTED FOR EACH DOG ON THE DAY OF THE TEST.

Entrants must include on the entry form whether they are riding a bike or running

Online entries available at www.gsdcv.org.au/entries (vet checklist will be forward via email)

SPECIAL CONDITIONS: All entrants who choose to ride a bicycle must wear a suitable safety helmet to comply

with the State traffic laws. All bicycles must be in roadworthy condition.

ENTRIES to be on prescribed entry form and must be legible with correct spelling of dog’s name and include all

dog’s titles so correct details of entry can be included in catalogue.

This event is open to all breeds and required ages are: minimum 2 years to under 8 years on the day of the

test.

In the event of an excessive entry a ballot may be held.

ENTRIES CLOSE: Friday June 1st 2012

CHECK IN: 7.00am to 7.30am. Dogs to be vetted by the Trial Veterinarian prior to the 8.00am commencement

time of the trial

JUDGING COMMENCES: 8.00am.

AWARDS: Title ribbons and Pass cards.

CATERING: Limited catering will be available.

IN THE EVENT OF THE TEMPERATURE REACING 24oC AT ANY TIME DURING THE TEST ON THE 23rd

JUNE 2011 THIS FIXTURE WOULD BE CANCELLED IN COMPLIANCE WITH ANKC RULES.

Online entries available at www.gsdcv.org.au/entries

Is Canberra doing their's in August this year ? We have started our cocker for the GSDCV ET in June, l'm really looking forward to this ET again.

Hi,

I believe it is in August, though i don't think a date has been finalised. Will make enquiries for you.

M

Is Canberra doing their's in August this year ? We have started our cocker for the GSDCV ET in June, l'm really looking forward to this ET again.

Best of luck also for GSDCV ET. Good luck with the training. At least you know what to expect this time!

M

Guest CaptainCourageous

First ET practice for 2012 today, with my 4yo Ziggy!

Guessing I'll enter GSDCV, wondering if I'll do the HVC one first? Springers is 500m from work - is it open during the week?

Dalmatian ET is the day before the next local specialty, and seeing Ziggy has one BIS and two RUBIS from the last three local specialties, I may not be popular if I do the Dalmatian ET. (Though I'd love to support the Dalmatian Club).

CC

First ET practice for 2012 today, with my 4yo Ziggy!

Guessing I'll enter GSDCV, wondering if I'll do the HVC one first? Springers is 500m from work - is it open during the week?

Dalmatian ET is the day before the next local specialty, and seeing Ziggy has one BIS and two RUBIS from the last three local specialties, I may not be popular if I do the Dalmatian ET. (Though I'd love to support the Dalmatian Club).

CC

Hi CC,

Springers is open during the week. The course runs from the rear of the building across the front lawns and down the gravel paths where the McMansions are to the second footbridge and back. All level, but you do encounter the public walking, dogs, bikes, etc. during the test.

Hope to see you at GSDCV.

M