Show Day Set Up & Trolley

Willowlane

Hi everyone,

I am a only new but I'm researching now so I'm ready.

My first question is what is important for a good set up at a show if your staying all day?

- Chairs

- Is a trolley a good idea (cage on wheels with work bench on top)? What do people do for puppies as they must look tiny in a normal sized cage?

- Shade - Whats best to use?

- What else?

Next Question is how do people transport the show trolleys? are they collapsible or do you need a 4wheel drive?

What brands are good?

Cheers Willow

Shade is most important, most use some type of gazebo. Try and find someone to sit with for your first few shows. They will be a great help to you to learn what's going on. Then you can get the feel for the game without forking out a lot of money first. Though there is always a market for 2nd hand gazebo's. You need some sort of confinement for your dog for times you need to go to the loo etc. Whether that is a crate or a trolley is up to you. I use a trolley to transport my gear not for my dogs. I had a $50 old trolley for about 7 years and recently brought a new one for $650. And the best chair you can afford. I can't sit in those cheapy ones, does my back in.

What breed of dog will you be showing?