Canine Carts And Weight Pulling

Best place to purchase a custom made weightpull harness is from windchill in Victoria,i think www.windchill.com.au will get you there or go to the Vic Alaskan malamute club site.I have had several harnessses made and never had a problem (dont be put off by what at first seem to be complicated measurements).I have competed my American Bulldogs at a couple of the comps put on by the Vic malamute club,they are extremely well organized,well run and very enjoyable to participate in.Last time i went i had one of the biggest highs i have experienced with my dogs when my Lizzy won most weight pulled on the day.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pandi,

yes I've seen this site and printed off some plans. I'm trying to modify a cart i bought on ebay. Juat a small staffy sized one.Thanks for posting info!!:rofl:

Fortnox, that's really interesting.Can I ask if they also make a harness for cart pulling at all? Glad to hear we can purchase in australia.

i thought she was a lab x :D

:confused::birthday:

Na she's just a very Dominant bitch :cheer:

Oh dear hows lil' damieness going? my boys still the same. butter wouldnt melt in his mouth around us but as soon as you walk him and sees other dog sigh...

The mal clubs are running great weight pull comps but i think it would be awesome if we could get a dedicated weight pull comp up and running in OZ like they do in other parts of the world.I have some experience in this as i was the founding president of the Sporting American Bulldog Association if there is nation wide support i would love to help get something going.

• 2 weeks later...
The mal clubs are running great weight pull comps but i think it would be awesome if we could get a dedicated weight pull comp up and running in OZ like they do in other parts of the world.I have some experience in this as i was the founding president of the Sporting American Bulldog Association if there is nation wide support i would love to help get something going.

BUMP :)

Hi Jen,

This sounds great :) I'm sure my dogs would love weight pulling.....then again I bet once they're strapped up they won't move an inch and will just embarrass me instead :(

i thought she was a lab x :D

:D :D

Na she's just a very Dominant bitch :D

Oh dear hows lil' damieness going? my boys still the same. butter wouldnt melt in his mouth around us but as soon as you walk him and sees other dog sigh...

What a coincidence,you guys own dominant lab x's like me too :D

• 3 months later...

I got in touch with the Mal club...

Hi, I'm interested in getting my dogs into weight pulling. Can you please send me some information? We've got a Husky, a> Staffy and a Staffy x. Is that ok, or do they need to be Malamutes? Thanks, Ruth

They replied...

No probs your dogs are fine to weight pull

We wont have any now until next year as its getting too hot the dates will be posted on the web site & there is an info page on weight pulling

We have harnesses available for you to borrow & a novice class for your dogs to learn in

Yay! Let's all go and try it out :rolleyes:

I got in touch with the Mal club...

Hi, I'm interested in getting my dogs into weight pulling. Can you please send me some information? We've got a Husky, a> Staffy and a Staffy x. Is that ok, or do they need to be Malamutes? Thanks, Ruth

They replied...

No probs your dogs are fine to weight pull

We wont have any now until next year as its getting too hot the dates will be posted on the web site & there is an info page on weight pulling

We have harnesses available for you to borrow & a novice class for your dogs to learn in

Yay! Let's all go and try it out :laugh:

Yeah its kind of a crap time of year to start! :rolleyes: For the Victorian club theres only one more weight pull date left until next year! I can understand though - it'll be way too hot for the dogs to work over Summer :laugh:

You can order harnesses online at http://www.windchill.com.au/ I actually got to meet the lady who made Zach's harness from that site! The harness I got is really nice quality - I love it :o Though as your club says to start off you can borrow a harness. Just make sure not to use a sled harness - they're not meant for weightpulling!

If you wanted to do something now though you could buy a harness offline, then attach it to a small tyre to get some practice in :o

• 6 months later...
Yep dates are set 11th May Erskine Park German Shepherd Dog Rings 8am weigh in

1st June Blacktown Canine centre at the conclusion of our champ show but weigh in not before 1:30pm

3rd August Erskine Park Dog Rings Ring 14 8am weigh in

20th Sep Erskine Park German Shepherd Dog Rings 8am weigh in

Who's in? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think theres an even in Melbourne on the 10th isn't there?

I donno if I'll go.. Last time Zach didn't seem to enjoy it so much.. I need to train him more before we try again.. But I don't know if we'll pursue it