If Feeding Super Premium Why Add Raw?

I feel 'just kibble' is totally boring, and doesnt satisfy the dogs. Day in day out, would you like to be given boring old weetbix? or sayo's??

My guys are fed Royal Canin with Ziwipeak, but they only get small amounts of kibble, their meals consist mostly of chicken/beef mince, chicken wings, Frames, vegies/rice & pasta.. ALL the dogs here get bones every day.

I rotate their dry food between Royal canin, Eaglepack Holistic & Nutro, as they get sick of eating the same kibble every single day.

If its not fresh/good enough for human consumption, then I wont feed it to them. Even food that is off/old goes in the bin.

"Who the heck still believes the major pet food companies:

The last 12+ weeks of pet food recalls in the US, South Africa, Germany, NZ et al proved that the pet food labels mean nothing and the cheapest possible ingredients are used. Poisoned imported grain fractions from China are just the start. The bottom line & shareholders are far more important than your pet."

Ashka , I agree ! Actually, some years ago a friend of mine lent me a copy of a report to read that exposed what was in the "by-products" used by pet food companies, especially the ones in the USA. The 'by products' and meat meal used was from the rendering plants where thousands of dead dogs,cats, wild animals and animals from zoos were taken to be rendered down in to dry meal and then sold to pet food companies .

Funnily enough, last week I watched a program on SBS which was on pet cemeteries and in part of the program they spoke to an owner of a rendering plant and he was saying they get all sorts of animals, not only dogs ,cats ,horses etc but also an elephant and the odd giraffe from the local zoo in that area. He also said that where these animals and pets "really" go is kept from the general public.

Seeing this program brought the report I had seen back to me, so there must be truth in it as to what went on and in to commercially made dog foods some years ago. .

It also makes me wonder how much of it is still going on today. ???? Probably more than we realize OR are being told.

let's look at this way, even human grades food manufacturer is already cutting corners, so how u think they will bother about animals since the owner never try them at all except myself!

I tasted all those kibbles that I intro to my dogs before and frankly beside burns - which is a UK brand, tastes fresher and better, the rest of those premium brands are really crap to me...failing flat on our less developed sensory organs comparing to the dog's....and yet they still willingly eat it to please the owner everyday!

I don't feed kibble but if I did, I would still feed some raw food. Cooking any protein destroys some enzymes that are only available in raw food.

If a dogs nutritional needs are being met, adding raw food won't 'undo' the balance.

I continue to trust Eagle Pack Holistic, they have their own plants and use top quality ingredients -

This may well be but they are grown by the Amish community who are very big puppy farmers in the USA

Is this the Amish in Pennsylvania, or the Amish in Ohio you are referring to? The Canadian Amish? There are some Amish in South America too... And which order specifically, the Old Order Amish? The New Order Amish? The Beachy Amish? Which ones are growing the food and which ones the puppies?

let's look at this way, even human grades food manufacturer is already cutting corners, so how u think they will bother about animals since the owner never try them at all except myself!

I tasted all those kibbles that I intro to my dogs before and frankly beside burns - which is a UK brand, tastes fresher and better, the rest of those premium brands are really crap to me...failing flat on our less developed sensory organs comparing to the dog's....and yet they still willingly eat it to please the owner everyday!

Burns is great food, have you managed to find it in Australia?

I feel 'just kibble' is totally boring, and doesnt satisfy the dogs. Day in day out, would you like to be given boring old weetbix? or sayo's??

No... but I also don't eat poo, sticks, grass, dirt, bugs, raw chicken, chew on filthy tennis balls, or sniff my friend's butts!! :confused:

Is this the Amish in Pennsylvania, or the Amish in Ohio you are referring to? The Canadian Amish? There are some Amish in South America too... And which order specifically, the Old Order Amish? The New Order Amish? The Beachy Amish? Which ones are growing the food and which ones the puppies?

I have no idea whether they are old or new order but I do know the Amish in Pennsylvania both grow the food for EP and have puppy farms

I have no idea whether they are old or new order but I do know the Amish in Pennsylvania both grow the food for EP and have puppy farms

I see... so all Amish are bad.... interesting! Is that sort of like saying all Jews keep Kosher?

I see... so all Amish are bad.... interesting! Is that sort of like saying all Jews keep Kosher?

Your words and your interpretation not mine.

Your words and your interpretation not mine.

Curlyking, my point is, if you're so concerned about puppymillers growing vegetables for Eagle Pack, you should find out if the ones that grow are the same ones that mill, if you see what I mean...

I feed mine Nutro and a bit of Ziwipeak on top. Two or three times a week they have bones( chicken frames, turkey necks etc.) instead of their dry. Once a week I will add a tin of sardines to their dry.

I like to give them a variety because I know I would get bored eating the same thing for every meal.

I feed the same way as you Norskgra except I add egg every now and then as I always forget to get sardines :rofl:

So my three eat bones and dry food, sometimes they have mince for a change.

Boy, nutrition threads do get exciting!! :)

Personally, I am happy feeding my dogs on a diet of dry food. I have done some studies on nutrient requirements and ratios and I just don't think I would be able to get these right by myself. My dogs are all about 13y/o and have never had any real health problems (touch wood!!!) and their teeth are in great form. My other reasons, is basically for a routine. IMO, dogs (well, dogs that I deal with) don't seem to worry whether or not they eat the same thing each day like we would, in fact they generally prefer the routine of keeping things the same. Have seen a lot of dogs get tummy upsets from 'changes in diets' so am much happier knowing my dogs are happy and healthy with what they get and are not likely to get sick - if they do, then I know its something other than diet!