Innova Large Breed Puppy

Hi,

I have been feeding Holly my 12 week Golden Retriever, Nutro - Large breed puppy and have been happy with it. A friend of mine is wanting to start feeding Innova to his 15 week Labrador and from what I have read it seems to be a very good product, maybe even better than Nutro.

Just wondering what your thoughts on Innova are. As far as I am aware it is only available here in Australia from Pets Paradise stores and for a 15kg bag it cost $155.00.

Also it has not been affected by the Product Recall in the U.S.

The link to the product is:

http://www.innovapet.com/products/default.asp?id=1259

Thanks,

Adam.

Hi Adam,

I think the brand/food itself is good but the fact that you have to buy it from the PP stores is a massive down side. These guys sell cross breeds by staff that are not qualified and often don't know what the actual cross breed is. And by buying anything from them, you are supporting their business and making it possible for them to continue to sell BYB and puppy farm puppies. I think that they are just as good, if not better kibble out there - I LOVE Nutrience Holistic and Cibo is thriving on it. Even my sisters super fussy greyhound absolutely loves it! :thumbsup:

Edited for spelling - 3 times!

Edited by Shihzoo

In my opinion, Innova is a great food, but you have to make sure your puppy can handle the high levels of protein, so as long as there is a clean bill of health, esp the kidneys, and you watch carefully for any signs of problems, you are oding well.

It is a shame about it being sold at PP, but m aybe an email to the company might help?

I fed it to my golden retreiver Tilly when she was a pup, I bought it from Pet Food Direct which is an affiliation with Pets Paradise but the Pet Food Direct in Tamworth does not sell any live animals.

It was awesome stuff

The vet told me at Til's 3rd injections that she had never seen a healthier pup, right weight, great teeth, shiny coat, and her fur was so so so soft.

I did change her at 6 months over to Eaglepack though because I wanted her and my boy on the same food.

Gomez I did email the company about the problem of it being sold at Pets paradiese but never received a reply :thumbsup:

It looks like a great food, but i won't purchase it for the same reasons as written above. The large breed puppy is 24% protein i think which is better than most puppy formulas. I have also emailed the company. I think the more people they get emailing them the more chance that they will let other retailers sell Innova.

Guest kitakins

excellent food, bad shop. PP is enough to make me not buy it. i wish pet supply shops would sell it. last time i enquired about other shops selling it, naturapet told me PP had exclusive rights to sell innova. that was years ago though.

I am the same and really don't like the idea of buying it from a Pets Paradise store.

I spoke to my mate about it today, and he wasn't aware of the way puppies are purchased to be sold in the stores, so he ain't going to buy it now.

The more people aware of how Pets Paradise and other pet stores operate the better!

Hopefully some independent pet food stores will stock it eventually!

goldielover, you are rigt, 24% protein or so for regular Innova, it's the "Innova EVO" that is the super high protein and grain free that I was mentioning above...

Off to write an email!

Can you buy EVO here? I tried to do a search a while back but looked like it was only available in US and Canada

Yes, but only at Pets Paradise...

Do you think that if a lot of us approach innova they are going to change their policy about PP? Has anyone emailed them recently and what did they say?

Why do you want to change, if your pup's doing well on their current diet?

$155 per 15kg bag = >$10/kg :) .

Is that about 40% more than you'd pay for Nutro?

Is it really a 40% better food, or are you paying a premium because of the PP markup?

I was looking at

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

and was quite impressed with the Innova review but I don't want to buy it from PP.

i was told in the past that pets paradise is the sole importer of innova in australia

so emails to the company in the usa won't do any good

i know a lot of people that won't buy innova as they don't want to support pets paradise as they use backyard breeders and puppy farms

Edited by larry

Well, I emailed Natura Pet Products, makers of Innova, and while they did not address the sale of their products at Pet's Paradise, they did send me a list of alternate retailers that sell their products as follows:

Global Pet Products

24-26 Wedgewood Road

Hallam, VIC, VIC

011-03-796-4555

Pet Goods Direct

Shop BG012

Stockland Forster, Breese Parade

Forster, NSW 2428

Pet Goods Direct/Tenancy 4

274 Maroondah Highway

Chirnside, VIC

03 03 9727 4933

Apparently they should also be able to order any specific [roducts made by Natura Pet if they don't have them in stock...

I do not know anything about these stores, nor do I know what they stock. Anyone else?

Hope this helps....

They are all owned by the same company. A staff member at PGD told me they were owned by Global Pets which also owns PP and Warner Bros World and a Coffee Shop franchise as well. I think they are all franchises but technically all the same.