My Puppy Keeps Sneezing

HI as above should I be worried she has no discharge out of her nose and is eating a little

But she has been sneezing for 2 days now

It was really cold the last few days and she ran around in the rain for about 15 min and she run's in and out most of the day

Is she sneezing and sneezing and sneezing and sneezing? Or does she just sneeze once in awhile?

If it's non-stop, I'd take her to a good vet. Something may be lodged in her nasal passage. It's very hard to see this in most cases cause the pup won't stand still and the visibility is poor. Especially, if you think the sneezing is affecting her appetite, I'd go to the vet.

If it's once in awhile, I'd suspect something in the environment bothers her nose. I'd try to observe when and where she has the problem and see if I could work out what was bothering her.

a few years ago i was watching harry's practice and he had an ACD that kept sneezing. turned out the darling had a grass seed stuck up one nostril.

might be worth a trip to the vets for a checkup, if only for peace of mind. also, why dont you weigh your darling while you're there. something i always do.

Jenna

she has been Vac with C4 at 6 weeks shes due for booster on monday she wil be 14 weeks she is rubbing her head and sniffing now so we are off to the vet tonight. Can dogs catch colds ? we all have a slight cold at our house not super bad just runny noses and stuff

Edited by Falling_dawn

Rubbing her head, is a sign something maybe stuck or irratating her, she is trying to move/dislodge what ever this object is thats causeing her to sneeze.

Edited by SwaY

thanks every one shes ok nothing stuck would you belive she had a chill and they said she gets excited and sucks in to much cold air they going to keep an eye on her if she starts coughing or anything we are to bring her back right away but we are booked in on monday otherwise for a check up

Was that the vet's explanation when you took her in for the vacc Monday?

They've done studies trying to get humans to catch a cold by exposing them to "chills" e.g. they're wet, cold and sit in front of a fan. Doesn't work. My dog sleep outside, walk and train in cold air, get wet, get excited and never had what you describe. Very mysterious :thumbsup:

How does that account for her, "rubbing her head"?

Oh well, as long as she's OK.

Yes

that was the vet explanation she had stopped rubbing her head and they had a look up her nose and listened to her chest which was clear according to them dog can get "cold's" but its a virus that’s different then humans get and they catch it form other dogs but they normally have a temperate as she didn’t that was their explanation but we are going Monday for a check up as she is still sneezing in the morning but she is eating and acting fine so we are going to wait till Monday and just keep

her warm dry and away from other dogs we shall see I guess