What Age Do I Worm My Puppies

kyeesha

I would suggest drontal all wormer but there is a lot of other good quality brands out there.

Treat pups at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 weeks.

Between 3 and 6 months treat once a month

Pups over 6 months treat every 3 months for the rest of the dogs life

Hope this helps :laugh:

For my pups I use Interceptor spectrum tablets - they eat them straight up, and for my adult dogs I use Advocate spot-on treatment that includes Heartworm prevention. Make sure you get an all-wormer. The interceptor has a formulation for pups from 2 weeks of age.

Loveabull is quite correct in the timings of worming for pups. Only difference is that my dogs dosages are monthly after 6 months of age. Check the labels on the worm tabs - they are all different.

With tiny pups, you'll need to check the poo for worms - it'll be obvious if there are any. Tiny white lines. If they are infected (and this can happen in any house or kennel) then you'll need to worm them again as an extra dose. I think that all the reputable companies have toll-free helpline phone numbers printed on them. Don't be afraid to use them.

Don't forget to treat mum at the same time. She is ingesting the worms from the pups poo all the time and can pass worms straight back to the pups also. :rofl:

Yeah thanks for that, am thinking I will worm the other the dogs as well :laugh:

If you have a collie breed. Be beware of products containing Ivemectin as collies are sensitive to this drug and in some cases is fatal.

Drontal make a puppy worming suspension paste. They also make tablets (up to 5kg) for small dogs/puppies.

When you worm your puppies they may experience a slight case of the runs for a couple of days. This is normal. If it continues after a couple of days, consult your vet.

Loveabull is quite correct in the timings of worming for pups. Only difference is that my dogs dosages are monthly after 6 months of age. Check the labels on the worm tabs - they are all different.

Intercepter is a monthly dosage because it treats heartworm :)