Aussie Brags

More Aussie brags for me.

Went to Sunbury Agility trial on Saturday in the cold, wet and rain.... not exactly ideal conditions! I had an obnoxious dog in the AM (the word 'tunnel suck' comes to mind - he actually bypassed obstacles directly infront to get the darned tunnel!).... Last run of the day was in rain, knee deep in MUD and it was soooo cold! Result - Jumping Pass, 1st place (only dog to pass!) and our JD TITLE!!!!!!!

Woohoo! What a clever boy :D :D

Sorry - just had to brag - this makes 3 titles since March 07 :)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! :D :):thumbsup:

Could you please tell me what the jumping trial involves? :o

Jumping trial involves a series of jumps/ tyres and tunnels set into a course (around 16 obstacles for Novice) that we have to complete under a set amount of time without doing any out of order or knocking a bar off ;)

ETA- I think Gamby has an Aussie brag too! *wink wink, nudge, nudge*!!!

Edited by leopuppy04

• 2 weeks later...

Congratutlations, I had the pleasure of meeting some absolutely gorgeous Aussie's yesterday, two BEAUTIFUL puppies who were showing (KCC) came over and did their HIC (both passed) and then one had to go back into the ring for BOB, soooooooooo coolllllllllll ;)

Congratutlations, I had the pleasure of meeting some absolutely gorgeous Aussie's yesterday, two BEAUTIFUL puppies who were showing (KCC) came over and did their HIC (both passed) and then one had to go back into the ring for BOB, soooooooooo coolllllllllll ;)

I was there Riles - you met Hondo and Marli - where abouts were you?? Were you doing the herding?!?!?!

You missed the best! One went back in (not the one doing the HIC) to get Runner up in Group, and Hondo (the boy doing the herding) got Puppy in group!!! Howz that for Multi tasking :(

My brag is - Leo was at the state trials on Sat and came away with a jumping pass - pity as I wanted the agility pass (he knocked a bar)! ROFL!

Oh and we also had an Aussie in top dog who came 5th!

Welcome back Waikikamukau!!! Howz the puppies??? I want piccies!!!!

I was there Riles - you met Hondo and Marli - where abouts were you?? Were you doing the herding?!?!?!

You missed the best! One went back in (not the one doing the HIC) to get Runner up in Group, and Hondo (the boy doing the herding) got Puppy in group!!! Howz that for Multi tasking :(

Yeh we were at the herding, I was absolutely cacking :) myself, how much chalk did they need to get the mud off his paws??? :thanks: :rolleyes: They were just so bloody gorgeous :bottom: Congratulations to Hondo, who said males can't multi taks :cheer: Some other gorgeous Aussies passed their HT also ;)

Yeh we were at the herding, I was absolutely cacking :) myself, how much chalk did they need to get the mud off his paws??? :cheer: :rolleyes: They were just so bloody gorgeous :thanks: Congratulations to Hondo, who said males can't multi taks :cheer: Some other gorgeous Aussies passed their HT also ;)

Not to mention that he got rolled by the sheepies :bottom:

They are gorgeous - did you watch the show also? I was there with my black girl (shown) and my pet blue boy :party:

You missed the best! One went back in (not the one doing the HIC) to get Runner up in Group, and Hondo (the boy doing the herding) got Puppy in group!!! Howz that for Multi tasking :)

Yeh we were at the herding, I was absolutely cacking :rolleyes: myself, how much chalk did they need to get the mud off his paws??? :party::bottom: They were just so bloody gorgeous :cheer: Congratulations to Hondo, who said males can't multi taks :wave: Some other gorgeous Aussies passed their HT also ;)

Not to mention that he got rolled by the sheepies :thanks:

They are gorgeous - did you watch the show also? I was there with my black girl (shown) and my pet blue boy :clap:

That was a classic, he got bowled over at a hundred mile an hour, jumped up, shook his head and kept going, sooooooooooo cute :cheer: They are going to do really well at herding, real naturals :( Nah it was a big day for us once the herding was finished and I took Rosie home, she got HT and deserved a noice big sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Aussies should be on top....................so bumping!

I am gonna brag this......it isn't much but I am so pleased!

I haven't done too much with Aniken, just letting him settle in (16 days at home).....

But I taught him to "shake" hands in about 2 minutes......now he shakes each hand and will swap when you tell him to "Other hand" and will happily go back and forth one to the other until he gets too excited and tries to shake both at once.....which may lead me into "high 5" and "high 10"

And the real brag is......he is so clever, I have been trying to teach Anzac (7mo kelpie) this for over 2 months and he still looks at me like I am daft......and Aniken got it in 2 minutes!

geeee aussies are so clever!

I think I have an Aussie idiot savant. Extrmely intelligent....I can teach him stuff in a few minutes. But we get to our first obedience class, and he acts like a complete nutter! LOL! All he wants to do is sniff bums and jump up and lick me (usually after he's sniffed a few bums).

So much for sit, shake, shake other paw, drop, roll over, fetch, lie on your rug.....all commands that he can do with ease at home....and often does them one after another just so I'll give him a treat.

He's so lovable though. I just adore him to bits.

Boy did we have a good weekend out at Wanagratta!

I only had Blush entered in the Novice Jumping on each day (I've been a bit slack and haven't taught her the weavers yet) and we hit jackpot.

On Saturday not only did we pass but we won the ring :whiteflag: I was very proud of our slush puppy.

On Sunday I was thinking, I'm not overly fussed how we go cause I was still so happy with how she went the day before. With that it mind we took to the ring and it was a very amusing run for the crowd, my firends were in tears by the end of it from laughing so much! I got lost twice and even asked the dog if she knew where to go, she stood there and looked at me with this look that said "But I thought you knew the way". Blush is also tunnel/tyre mad so I also had to make 3 catches. She had this look as if "now you've gotten lost so are you sure I shouldn't be doing this tyre?" Anyway after all that we passed and won the ring!

I am so proud of Blush, she just tried so hard, even when with some pilot error :o

Fantastic SW!!!!!! :whiteflag:

Aren't Aussies the best! You didn't have the best weather for it either!!!!!! Go Blush!

how clean was she by the end of it?

We were pretty lucky with the weather, we had a shower on Saturday and was just cold on Sunday and naturally the dogs were tucked away cozy and dry in their crates and I was shivering my my chair and 40 layers of clothing :o

Blush was actually pretty clean at the end of it all, the ring wasn't muddy at all, just green and grassy, hense she has some grass stains on her paws.

She was such a trooper but I must admit that both of us need to work on our fitness, we were both a bit huffy puffy after our runs :(

P.S. I know she's not an Aussie but my black girl Kira gained her first Open obedience pass and came 2nd yesterday, me so happy with my pups!