Darkrai

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg

I will try and find a nice frame to go around this in the morning sometime :laugh: OK so it got the better of me and I added a coloured border till I find a frame

Edited by Freckles

Thanks guys. Now to master the frames??? I have to learn how to unzip them and where to store them in PS.. Crazy I know. Oh and I want to know how to do the merging photos Abbey - did you just put them togther so to speak or is there a trick? And the stars in the photos. So come on guys give the answers up. Please :laugh:

Thanks guys. Now to master the frames??? I have to learn how to unzip them and where to store them in PS.. Crazy I know. Oh and I want to know how to do the merging photos Abbey - did you just put them togther so to speak or is there a trick? And the stars in the photos. So come on guys give the answers up. Please :rofl:

Which merging photos? It depends on what pics im merging. I usually have each pic as a separate layer and then just set the eraser tool to a low opacity and erase the parts of each layer that i dont want. So for example I have 3 layers. Layer one is the bottom layer, layer two is the middle layer and layer three is at the top of your layer palette. I click on layer 2 and erase away the parts i dont want. You should be able to see some of layer one coming through. Then i click on layer 3 and do the same. Does that make any sense? :laugh:

The stars are brushes. You can download brush sets on the internet. But sometimes the brush sets arent compatible with the version of PS that you have. If this is the case, look for image packs. They are just pics of the brushes that you can cut out and make your own brushes with.

Say you have a picture of a star. Open it up into a new document, click on the rectangular marquee tool and put a dancing line box around the star (there should be dancing lines in the shape of a square with the star inside it). Then click "Edit> Define Brush"

If its the faded stars that you can see in the pics that harminee did, i believe they are brushes with a guassian blur added to them. Well thats one of the many ways they can be done anyhow.

Here is a similar star pic that you can make a new brush using the method i said above. :o

yeah im bored :rofl:

have no idea how to do an OOB but was too lazy to find a tutorial for it anyway

kitmergeoobqj9.jpg

eta:

With merging...i find it sooo much harder to erase and soooooooooooo much easier to just use the lasso tool, then if there are still parts left in, i'll zoom in to erase

Edited by dogsong

Ooh Harminee, thanks for adding the dogs! :rofl: Their names are Champa (the Lab x) and Maisie (the BC x). They are my naughty furkids! And the cats look AMAZING with those frames! I think I'm going to get them printed. :rofl:

Thanks for yours too Freckles! :eek:

• Troy unpinned this topic