Make A Signature Thread

Darkrai

does this sound a little easier?

open original pic and make a duplicate layer

on the duplicate layer play with the colour balance till you get the background colour you are happy with.

use your eraser tool to reveal the original subjuect underneath. then add the frames and text and then just merge all layers and save

Ok photoshop for dummies, I have created a layer, used the eraser tool but how do you merge the layers so you can see the dogs head? And not just the background with the rubbed out head

Umm did you make 2 copies or erase the head on the original layer. IF you have earased the original you will need to open the photo again. Take the layer you have rubbed the head out of and cut it, then with the new original photo reopened paste the edited photo right on top. Hope this helps and if I have miss understood let me know and I'll see if we can work out what you have done :mad

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

does this sound a little easier?

open original pic and make a duplicate layer

on the duplicate layer play with the colour balance till you get the background colour you are happy with.

use your eraser tool to reveal the original subjuect underneath. then add the frames and text and then just merge all layers and save

Ok photoshop for dummies, I have created a layer, used the eraser tool but how do you merge the layers so you can see the dogs head? And not just the background with the rubbed out head

Umm did you make 2 copies or erase the head on the original layer. IF you have earased the original you will need to open the photo again. Take the layer you have rubbed the head out of and cut it, then with the new original photo reopened paste the edited photo right on top. Hope this helps and if I have miss understood let me know and I'll see if we can work out what you have done :mad

Surprisingly I get that. Now if I want to do the background black and white and the subject colour is that done differently?

Surprised because I don't explain well or you worked it out :mad

Ok doing the B/W background is slightly different but very similar

start with the original photo and make a copy (right click and duplicat layer for those not sure)

with the copy layer go to image and select adjustments and choose the Hue?Saturation option (or just use ctrl+U keys)

a table will appear and you need to slide the saturation tab to the far left to make the photo B/W, then click OK

Now you need to add a mask to the copy layer( click the box with a circle in it down under the layers) Make sure you click the white nask box and then choose a paint brush and clack paint. then just start painting the area you want in colour. Merge the layers when you are done and save

Hers a pic to show you what you need open in the layer files

blacktowhite.jpg

Here are a couple I took & photoshopped of my daughter today. She's home sick (not that sick if you ask me, so I made her pose :mad ). I nearly lost her when a spider crawled out from one of the flowers, but managed to convince her to stay.

881926363_1d757b74b7.jpg

881430331_70efd08d7b.jpg

Absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!

here are some that i made just then... the second one of lucius moving is inspired but palane :rofl:

luciusBW.jpg

lucismoving.jpg

not really happy with the text on this one.. but oh well.. :rofl:

I love Both of these pics. Lucius is sooo cute

Well done.

:mad

Edited by border14

My new boy

Aust Ch. Napaj Emperor Kahless (Sam)

Sam4.jpg

Sam6.jpg

Sam8.jpg

Last doggie, no more buying :mad

Oh now I remember, that was an updated pic Freckles. Need for the website :rofl:

Edited by Sivaro

hehe you are getting quiet a collection aren't you. but they are all lovely and I hope you do very well with your endeavours

sam.jpg

Bloody brilliant Freckles :mad

You have learnt to do these very fast.

Yep a collection alrighty, Staffshih made me do it :rofl:

I can work most out pretty quickly now and have developed my own short cuts. Sometimes the longest bit is waiting for them to load on photobucket :rofl:

I hope you are still happy with the quality and ideas I have for your dogs Siv. I even have a special brush now for fluffly dogs to help save their coats :mad

tarlie.jpg

PS I couldn't remove the hand without leaving a funny gap and didn't have enough to work with to fill in the gap sorry

Edited by Freckles

I can work most out pretty quickly now and have developed my own short cuts. Sometimes the longest bit is waiting for them to load on photobucket :rofl:

I hope you are still happy with the quality and ideas I have for your dogs Siv. I even have a special brush now for fluffly dogs to help save their coats :mad

tarlie.jpg

PS I couldn't remove the hand without leaving a funny gap and didn't have enough to work with to fill in the gap sorry

That is lovely thanks Freckles. Yes your work is the quality I like, and really suits the website.

Cant thank you enough. :rofl:

• Troy unpinned this topic