Going To Use Advocate

The heading pretty much covers my question.

I used to use Revolution but have bought some Advocate and just wanted to know if I need to administer anything else or does Advocate have it all covered with regards to worms etc?

Thanks in advance

Helen

Hydatid tapeworms don't come from fleas. They come from uninspected offal or muscle meat which may be infected with the hydatid flukes. You should not worry about hydatids if you feed only dry food, but if you feed meat or meat products or offal then hydatid tapeworm wormer should be on the agenda.

Hydatid tapeworms don't come from fleas. They come from uninspected offal or muscle meat which may be infected with the hydatid flukes. You should not worry about hydatids if you feed only dry food, but if you feed meat or meat products or offal then hydatid tapeworm wormer should be on the agenda.

They get chicken frames and lamb offcuts from Woolies. I also get them chicken pet meat from the butcher every now and mix it with veges.

Does this mean they are at risk of H worm?

They get chicken frames and lamb offcuts from Woolies. I also get them chicken pet meat from the butcher every now and mix it with veges.

Does this mean they are at risk of H worm?

When you say H worm do you mean Heartworm or Hydatid Tapworm?

Dogs can catch tapeworm from fleas in the environment, so I would be using an all-wormer in conjunction with the advocate. I have seen dogs that have been on advocate with tape worms.

You also need to consider whether you need a tick preventative. You can use a combination of advocate, drontal and tick collar or you can use a tick and flea preventative like advantix in combination with heart and intestinal wormers.