What Vet Do We Use?

Im in the sutherland shire and have been using the same vet for 20 odd years.

Julian Smith at Jannali Vet Clinic.

The most honest vet i know...

there are vets closer to where i live..and i wont mention any names,but lets just say,thet r in it for MONEY and MONEY only!

A big THANKYOU to Julian and his staff!! If it werent for knowing Julian i wouldnt be able to adopt dogs as i do with the confidence that i have a great vet that WONT rip me off.

We will be using the vet that our breeder uses - Manly Road Vet Clinic at Wynnum - apparently a lot of the Ridgeback breeders in Brisbane use them so it'll be great to know that our vet knows the in's & outs of the breed (and has treated mum & dad ;) )

We have been using our vet since he came out of Uni.

Toronto Veterinary Clinic -

Scott Doyle & David Carraro, all their wonderful nurses, Lisa, Angela, Storm, Christie, Alexis.... :laugh: They're all like family to us.

They have NEVER let us down, and have always been so supportive. They're a great bunch :D

I recently used a big sydney vet for something a bit more major (this vet was highly recommended to me), I get there, only to find the black bags with the dead animals, out on the footpath, a big tip truck pulled up behind me and just threw them in :rofl: Fair enough, they have to be disposed of. BUt NOT left out on the footpath.

Oh, not to mention, I was left in the waiting room 1/2 hour when I arrived. Nurses were walking around casually, no one acknowledged I even existed.

When I got there to pick up my dog a few hours later, I was in the waiting room for 55 minutes!! Same thing, nurses walking around. I stood up and said 'EXCUSE ME, is anyone going to even acknowledge that I exist?' One extremely young girl walks out and says 'whatcha want'....... I get my dog, pay the money, ask if I can talk to the vet to see how the procedure went. But no 'she doesnt do that' :laugh:

I use Bateau Bay Veterinary Clinic on the Central Coast

Hugh Bane is in Killarney Vale and is the best vet I have ever meet, he does alot of rescue work at cost, and even desexes and rehomes unwanted kittens himself

He ever reduces my charges for my own animals as he knows I do rescue

Great man, straight to the point, relaxed and very knowledgeable on Shar Pei too

If you haven't already, why don't you nominate your best and fav Vets via the MDBA awards. I'm sure they'd appreciate the acknowledgement for their good efforts and assistance.

i havent but would love to ...Erny can u tell me how i do this?

Mel..PLEASE dont see them! RIP off merchants. this is just ONE incident.. Took my dog to the "vet" as she had a scuffle with my great dane..

My husband being new to the area took the dog to the local rather than MY vet.

The vet there says..this is really bad..its gonna cost u $700+..BUT if u do the procedure now..i will just charge u $700..

surgery,night stay etc...

My husband rang to tell me and i said FORGET it..bring her home..Im on my way,and i will take her to my vet.Personally i prefer the way my vet treats the animals especially for an overnight stay.

So i take her to MY vet,sure he is a little out of the way since im IN caringbah,and he is in Jannali,but well worth the trip.

He charged me in TOTAL including meds....$90

he said there was no need for ANY surgery!

Let me tell u there are many more of these stories i can tell u too!

So go see Julian,he isnt always cheaper in his everyday services,but the honesty,and the fact he cares and all of his staff is well worth it.

Mel..PLEASE dont see them! RIP off merchants. this is just ONE incident.. Took my dog to the "vet" as she had a scuffle with my great dane..

My husband being new to the area took the dog to the local rather than MY vet.

The vet there says..this is really bad..its gonna cost u $700+..BUT if u do the procedure now..i will just charge u $700..

surgery,night stay etc...

My husband rang to tell me and i said FORGET it..bring her home..Im on my way,and i will take her to my vet.Personally i prefer the way my vet treats the animals especially for an overnight stay.

So i take her to MY vet,sure he is a little out of the way since im IN caringbah,and he is in Jannali,but well worth the trip.

He charged me in TOTAL including meds....$90

he said there was no need for ANY surgery!

Let me tell u there are many more of these stories i can tell u too!

So go see Julian,he isnt always cheaper in his everyday services,but the honesty,and the fact he cares and all of his staff is well worth it.

im in the sutherland shire area too, and have heard great things about Julian. I go to Como/sutherland vet clinics - Darren - he is great and since we have taken Sasha there since she was born I feel a loyalty to stay there plus I am happy with them. I have often thought of moving across to Julians just because of the things I have heard about the practice.