Looking For An Obedience Club

I've just read the thread from July and realised that the rotty club no longer accept all breeds so that one is out for you now

Yes they do. It's just that those with breeds other than Rottys don't have voting rights.

I saw the old thread and thought it meant other breeds couldnt go at all

Yeah - I think things got a bit confused in the 'heat of the moment'.

Are you 100% sure Erny? I too was under the impression that other breeds were no longer welcome AT ALL.

I saw the old thread and thought it meant other breeds couldnt go at all

Yeah - I think things got a bit confused in the 'heat of the moment'.

Are you 100% sure Erny? I too was under the impression that other breeds were no longer welcome AT ALL.

Spoke to a member who attends regularly, only a couple of weeks ago. She said other breeds still welcome.

Hi SD, Zig sounds exactly the same as Forge at training - his attention span is good, then non existent, then good again, then he's bored and sick of doing stuff 'on the spot'.

Luckily, one of the clubs I go to is really having us focus on focus - it's okay to move around a bit to get focus back. The other he is still doing basic stuff in puppy class, but next month he's booked in to do a more structured obedience, so I'm not sure how we'll go there.

I'd love to hear how you go building his focus and obedience. Sounds like you've got plenty of places to choose from - I'm in the wrong place to suggest any :laugh: Good luck!

Takes one to know one, hey Bel :rofl:

I'm very patient with Zig in terms of realising he will be late to mature - I love the 'zing' though....my old ACD had an extreme 'zing' and I had to learn to channel it into something constructive - we ended up doing obedience, agiity and tricks. Captain Mad is quick to learn, though....in 3 two minute lessons this week (initially with a lure, then a clicker) I have him doing a 'finish' and added a sit today as well - a bit far away but a really good start...he thought he was soooo clever so I had to mix a few stays in there to stop him preempting me. I'm working on 'watch' at home - he will now look me in the eye while he drools over his food cube or chicken wing until he is released...he does it automatically for the cube but still needs prompting for the chicken wing :rofl:

Luckily the way to his brain is definitely through his stomach :rofl: